XF here we go...

svtsnake03

I've been following things here for quite a while and finally made the decision to convert my site (www.modularfords.com) to XF. Just started a test import. This will not be a rushed conversion, EVERYTHING has to be in place. I've also got to replace the vB CMS with something, probably Wordpress.

Getting away from vB4 is very exciting..... Hope I have the positive improvements some of you have seen from switching, because my switch from vB 3 to 4 early on has been a killer on my forum's activity level.

Well done, I don't think you'll regret it. I also did things slowly and went from vB3 to Xenforo + Wordpress rather than to vB4 + vB4 CMS. Wordpress is so much more powerful than vB's CMS and although I don't personally have any integration between XF and WP, I don't miss it, or need it.

The great thing about doing things at a slow pace as you're doing, is you can spend loads of time sorting out your styling and looks, doing a test import, getting mods and other key community members in to have a look and so on. Then when you convert for real, it's easy to start over, import your saved styling, then do the data import again with the current database.

xenstyles is not doing anything custom, which might be fine for me. In the past I have spent a ton on custom designed stuff, but just getting a cookie cutter skin might be fine. Never seemed spending the money was worthwhile honestly. I can modify what I need, I am just not creative enough to envision something, but if i have a good start, I can tweak.

xenstyles is not doing anything custom, which might be fine for me. In the past I have spent a ton on custom designed stuff, but just getting a cookie cutter skin might be fine. Never seemed spending the money was worthwhile honestly. I can modify what I need, I am just not creative enough to envision something, but if i have a good start, I can tweak.
Actually, I am doing custom work, however I'm booked out about 2 months. Come by and see me, I'm sure you'll find something to your liking! :)

Welcome to the good side of the forum software world :) Glad to see another Mustang site ditching vB. It will give you an edge just so you don't help Internet Brands test their software for your competing site, MustangForums.com

Forsaken is very good from http://xenique.com/forums/ and I know he's done many custom jobs. You may also want to try him out if he's taking on custom work.
Both Kim and Forsaken do an outstanding job and their support can even be measured on the few free skins they offer.

I would recommend them (y)

The only disappointment is that they currently only accept, paypal, which is not an option for everyone.

Both Kim and Forsaken do an outstanding job and their support can even be measured on the few free skins they offer.

I would recommend them (y)

The only disappointment is that they currently only accept, paypal, which is not an option for everyone.
Thats the only thing supported by the cart currently, though we should be offering at least Google Checkout as an alternative later this year (I don't want to offer too many as it's a hassle to deal with).

Click on the second link in my sig for some cookie cutter skins. Also check out the third party subforum on here to see other people's services.

I can personally recommend Mike at Audentio.com as well.

I've worked with him on various custom work, and found him to be driven and motivated, extremely timely, and pleasant to communicate with.

From a fellow Mustang forum owner, I'm glad to see you are making the switch and ditching vb.

Best of luck with the conversion and let us know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

-jeff

Thanks for all the great comments! Test import has completed, and without any issues. Going to poke around the admin area some to get the hang of the new control panel. One thing I've never complained about is vBulletin's AdminCP since it was so familiar. If everything is working properly, the next step for my changeover is getting all the vBSEO URL's redirected.

Top Bottom