XF features

I'm sure you meant that the IPB one was a blatant copy of the xenforo one.. and if so, I couldn't agree more!

Got to say that seriously shocked me, it was a blatant copy by Matt, not even an attempt to make it different other than the last post tab.. AND I might add, there was a million requests for a "topic preview on hover" for many many years that got completely ignored or shouted down as a useless vB feature that would NOT be included in IPB, until xF came along.

The current scrabble to rip off all the good new features of xenforo is astounding... bet you anything the next version of vB is a direct rip off of xenforo. ;)

Very very disappointing to say the least.

To those that say "everybody copies" No, everyone does not, some innovate, and others imitate.

xenforo is full of some pretty inovative things, and new ways of doing old things, that is currently being copied left right and center.

That's what I meant. :)

I'm sure you meant that the IPB one was a blatant copy of the xenforo one.. and if so, I couldn't agree more!

Got to say that seriously shocked me, it was a blatant copy by Matt, not even an attempt to make it different other than the last post tab.. AND I might add, there was a million requests for a "topic preview on hover" for many many years that got completely ignored or shouted down as a useless vB feature that would NOT be included in IPB, until xF came along.
I honestly think preview first/last post was there a good time before xF. It's just not easy to spot.

Oh no Shelley, you can't take back that comment now !!!

The least you will get away with is a Kier foot stomping for that one !! :mad:

Now when you see Matt doing muffin smashing feet videos you will know for sure there is something fishy going on.

I honestly think preview first/last post was there a good time before xF. It's just not easy to spot.

Yes the feature was there.. in a click on icon the far right hand side, put in after many years of people asking for it, and many years of it being ignored.

The current pop up is an exact copy of the xenforo one.

Like I said, disappointing. I would have expected better from them tbh, been very disappointed lately I must say.

The proof is in the pudding. XF shows that it works well. Users then see that and go complaining at their software provider and show the demand. The software provider has to fill that. Im sure you will see more forum software with similar functions soon.

Top Bottom