XF 2.1 XF customer token

m24

@Mike , @Kier , @Chris D , @Brogan ,

I am working on a security module that will make use of the license verification. AFAIK and to the best of my knowledge: a costumer will always have the same unique customer token, regardless, how many licences he has purchased and regardless, how many domains he has licensed for them. Is this still correct or can there be a situation I am not aware of, where the customer token could become changed?

Regards,
Marv.

Each validation token is unique to the license. So if you own 12 licenses, you will have 12 different validation tokens.

Each validation token is unique to the license. So if you own 12 licenses, you will have 12 different validation tokens.
Sure, ozzy. But I am asking for the customer token - not the license validation token.

license_validation-values1.webp

The screener is from Liams license verification add-on and only showing, what the license verification api at xenforo is giving back when queried with a validation token. For what we try to achieve, we need a unique identifier for the customer. That´s why I am asking.

As per the API description - https://xenforo.com/api/

• validation_token - (string) the token that was looked up
  • customer_token - (string) a string that will uniquely identify the customer this license is associated with
  • license_token - (string) this will unique represent the license in question. It will not change when the token is regenerated.
  • is_valid - (boolean) this will be true unless the license is no longer legitimate. Licenses with expired support are still valid.
  • can_transfer - (boolean) true if the license can be transferred
  • domain_match - (boolean or null) if a domain was provided, this will be true/false based on whether it matched the license. If no domain was provided, this will be null
  • domain - (string or null) if a domain was provided, the domain that we tested. This may be changed from original domain supplied in the request.

It is a per customer unique string.

I´ve been through the documentation already. My question was/is: can there be a situation I am not aware of, where the once issued customer token could become changed? Because if so, the add-on would be useless and I could dump my money in something else.

Top Bottom