1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF-BOTM - (May)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ExpertPixels.com, May 2, 2011.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

The UNOFFICIAL XenForo Board of the Month thread.

Provide the following details: (Copy and paste the below details & Fill in accordingly)

Niche / Topic / Site Description:
    Reason Your Board Stands Out:
    To vote for someones website simply provide the URL and a +1:
    (XenForo.com +1)

XenForo Based sites only !! (Your website must be using XF).

BOTM winner gets ummm.. well ummmm bugga lol, a Big Head for the day :S ok i will give a 30 day advertising slot away on my board each month :)
    Alien, Brogan, Peggy and 1 other person like this.
  2. ExpertPixels.com

URL: http://motorbikesforum.com/

Niche / Topic / Site Description: Motorbikes & Related discussion and information

Reason Your Board Stands Out: Well at the moment it really is pretty standard to be honest, but slowly coming along.. should be worthy of a vote or two by the end of the month i hope.
    ArnyVee and Kim like this.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Url: http://www.bbsmiley.com

Site Description: Smiley/Emoticon/ Graphic Resource.

Reasons your board stands out: Unique style, providing a resource of smilies which are custom designed by the owner not found anywhere on xf boards (heck I dunno) it's standard really.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

URL: http://cliptheapex.com

Niche / Topic / Site Description: Motorsport, mainly F1 - with overtaking data back to 1982 (nerd heaven)

Reason Your Board Stands Out: It's mine :D Well that and we have F1 data and stat's which no other site has, and as a consequence we have been referenced on TV, online, and in magazines.
    Trombones13, ArnyVee, Kim and 5 others like this.
  5. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Is this a nomination thread then? Or do we just go off of the likes received?
  6. Brogan

It's both a nomination and voting thread it would seem.
  7. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

+1 .
  8. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

URL: http://forums.wtf.com

Niche / Topic / Site Description: Online since Valentine's Day 2004, WTF.com is a community of "crazies", whose focus is ranting and debating. We also offer a variety of other topics of interest, our own radio station, and more.

Reasons your board stands out: It's all about the variety of personalities that can be encountered here. We have some of the most brilliant people on the internet (from all over the world), and a few from the most shallow end of the gene pool. ;) It's a great place for off-topic discussion, but a great debate or flame can be had in the right place.
    Kim, ArnyVee, Markos and 2 others like this.
  9. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

10. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

Can't we just use the like feature instead?
    Steve F likes this.
  11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I agree.

To nominate post the URL.
    To vote, just like it.
    The one with the most likes wins.
    ArnyVee and ExpertPixels.com like this.
  12. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

If we do likes across all the submitted sites then all the votes will be spread out and there will be many ties I would think. I know this is not a dedicated monthly contest (yet) but it would be nice if this could be the nomination of sites then do a poll for the top 3-5 liked sites. Just a suggestion of course..

The winner basically gets the prize of being recognized as the most voted for board. Sorry for the OT but someone else tried to do the same and the thread disappeared (not literally).
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep that's even better.
  14. Brogan

That's an option but as polls can't be added to existing threads, I will have to create a new thread with the poll and then merge this one in to it.

Just let me know if/when you want that doing.
    ArnyVee and ExpertPixels.com like this.
  15. ExpertPixels.com

Maybe it's time for a official XF Board of the Month then ? (Might prevent idiots like me creating new threads each month lol)
  16. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Official Dodge City Community board (wild west famous town famed for Wyatt Earp, Batt Masterson and others)

Dodge City is famous for coining the phrase "Get the hell out of Dodge"

You can even listen to live streaming police scanners of this wild historic town.
    ArnyVee likes this.
  17. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Stop that, you're not an idiot.
    Steve F likes this.
  18. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

I don't feel like I hold much of a candle to many of these other boards, but nothing to lose, I guess...haha

URL: http://voiceradio.us

Niche / Topic / Site Description: Radio station; music news, discussion, discovery

Reason Your Board Stands Out: We have a radio station! :LOL: lol
    Kim likes this.
  19. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

20. Craigr

Craigr Active Member

+ 1 Some other great sites too it was a hard choice.