XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my dream world, the frontend and backend would be completely separated. You could create a frontend view with theme A, forum A, language A and custom settings and also create a different frontend view with theme B, language B, other settings and other forums.

In my dream world, the frontend and backend would be completely separated. You could create a frontend view with theme A, forum A, language A and custom settings and also create a different frontend view with theme B, language B, other settings and other forums.
I'm curious what the use-case for that would be as opposed to, say, creating two forums and solving the problem by way of SSO or other mechanisms of sharing the user data.

My experience for the last couple of decades continues to be that if you're separating the content that hard, chances are you're really talking about two sites, not fudging a split inside one.

That would wreck the software...

I'm curious what the use-case for that would be

It was just an example. With a headless approach, XF would "just" be something like a content repository. So you could also have multiple display types for the same content. Like send the output to an app, an IoT device or something completely else. Or just display the same content on the some platform on different parts of the site in a different ways. There would be so many possibilities.

I would love to have something like that for my community.

Unfortunately ChatGPT has no insight into what's going to be in the next version. Foiled again.

What do you think will be in the next version of xenforo?

"As a language model AI, I don't have the capability to predict what will be in the next version of XenForo as I don't have access to their development plans or roadmaps. XenForo is an active company, they are constantly working to improve their software and they release new versions and updates on a regular basis. They usually announce these updates on their website, their social media and in their community forum. It's best to keep an eye on their official website and social media for any announcements about new releases or updates.

It's also worth noting that the company is listening to the community and they take feedback from their users and customers into account when developing new features and improvements. So, some of the features that can be considered for the next version of XenForo are the ones that are frequently requested by the community, such as new features, improved performance, bug fixes, enhanced security and improved User experience.

I recommend checking the XenForo website, social media channels and their community forum for the latest information on new releases and updates, or inquiring their support team for more information."

It was just an example. With a headless approach, XF would "just" be something like a content repository. So you could also have multiple display types for the same content. Like send the output to an app, an IoT device or something completely else. Or just display the same content on the some platform on different parts of the site in a different ways. There would be so many possibilities.

I would love to have something like that for my community.
Isn't that already possible with the xenforo REST API? Only thing missing is an option to disable the standard Frontend.

Unfortunately ChatGPT has no insight into what's going to be in the next version. Foiled again.

What do you think will be in the next version of xenforo?

"As a language model AI, I don't have the capability to predict what will be in the next version of XenForo as I don't have access to their development plans or roadmaps. XenForo is an active company, they are constantly working to improve their software and they release new versions and updates on a regular basis. They usually announce these updates on their website, their social media and in their community forum. It's best to keep an eye on their official website and social media for any announcements about new releases or updates.

It's also worth noting that the company is listening to the community and they take feedback from their users and customers into account when developing new features and improvements. So, some of the features that can be considered for the next version of XenForo are the ones that are frequently requested by the community, such as new features, improved performance, bug fixes, enhanced security and improved User experience.

I recommend checking the XenForo website, social media channels and their community forum for the latest information on new releases and updates, or inquiring their support team for more information."

Screenshot_20230115_105759.webp

Edit:
Are you ready for a yoga session now?
yoga GIF

Last edited:
Last year Xenforo updates were obtained summarily, I would like to renew my license again but I better wait until another update appears which is worth renewing.
1673783158890.webp

There is nothing at all wrong with holding off updating if what you have now is working.
Generally for the newer versions if a security fix is pushed out, the patch is available for download also instead of the full/new package.

Where is everyone 🧐?
I'm not used to this much silence on this thread. It made me feel like a "big shot 😎" with all those notifications popping up on my profile

• Haha
Reactions: Lee
Where is everyone 🧐?
I'm not used to this much silence on this thread. It made me feel like a "big shot 😎" with all those notifications popping up on my profile

Well it was only natural once @Chris D came out and provided some really solid information. I think people were not mostly displeased with it being delayed (although it really has taken some time), but rather the radio silence and not knowing anything.
Personally, I am very excited to see what they have in store for 2.3 (let's just say my interest didn't go down after the info Chris posted ^^), but now I also know it may now be a while. Which is fine, and it seems most around here don't mind that.

It HAS to come out this year though.. ^^
78mkuu.jpg

Last edited:
Where is everyone 🧐?
Chris already addressed everything there is to say.

There is no need to spin some conspiracy theories. Or like I did, raise questions or assume and deduce things based on observations.

They are aware that they are gigantically late. We are unhappy with it. They will release when they are finished.

There is nothing more to do than to wait and see if the 2.5 years+ of waiting will meet our expectations or not. No need to cause a fabricated drama. We already waited so long, waiting a bit more won't change anything. Let's see what 2.5+ years of work looks like when it's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom