XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying on this thread for months that we need a situation update from the developers and so have others. Looks like these voices are getting louder and no wonder.

I don't get how the developers see this thread and just continue to say nothing. It's not a difficult point to understand or unreasonable, so why the continuing silence?

Yes, but it was over two months ago. All we've had in the meantime is one small security fix.

Bottom line is that communication should be better.
Let It Go Whatever GIF

I've been saying on this thread for months that we need a situation update from the developers and so have others. Looks like these voices are getting louder and no wonder.

I don't get how the developers see this thread and just continue to say nothing. It's not a difficult point to understand or unreasonable, so why the continuing silence?
Bottom line is that communication should be better.

Not sure if I’ve said anything in this thread yet….

But, at this point, I don’t know how anyone could argue against these comments from @FTL.

I still am not a proponent of a roadmap, but I AM a proponent of timely responses to suggestions... especially those that have existed as open for a decade or more.

They have prefixes available that would be appropriate for use.
Not Planned
Lack of Interest

One would think that after 10-12 years they might have a clue on what their action would be. Not only is that beneficial to those that have expressed interest, but developers also.

But, at this point, I don’t know how anyone could argue against these comments from @FTL.

Perhaps if they'd been around in the early days - when the XF team were going through all the long and protracted legal battles (and customers were not getting blow-by-blow updates) - they will have seen that eventually, and it may take longer than expected, XF delivers. (y)

With a key developer stepping back that is going to lead to some delays and adjustment and is going to put pressure on the remaining team, so I’m not too concerned that 2.3 is taking longer and that we’re not getting regular updates (if that means more coding is being done). As a customer of nearly 12 years I have faith. :)

Edit: Clarifying who I'd meant to reference in the initial paragraph. ;)

Last edited:
There is no need to insult people just because they have a different opinion.

Many people just don’t feel the need or at least are happy to wait and see how things develop.
I'm only responding to the insult that was thrown at me first. How can you not see that?

I'm only responding to the insult that was thrown at me first. How can you not see that?
I’m not aware of an insult, but even if someone did insult you how does that justify saying people who disagree with you are being idiotic?

Ad hominems don’t exactly help your argument either, especially if you want your complaints to be taken seriously by xenForo.

I’m not aware of an insult, but even if someone did insult you how does that justify saying people who disagree with you are being idiotic?

Ad hominems don’t exactly help your argument either, especially if you want your complaints to be taken seriously by xenForo.
I can't believe how when I say the same thing as a lot of other people, it somehow turns into an escalating controversy with people unjustifiably attacking and criticising me for it. Why doesn't this headache happen to them?

Anyway, I don't have to justify or explain myself to you or anyone else. If you really wanna discuss this, take it to pm. You won't though, will you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom