XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ideas they give me are:
  • They absolutely don't want to defragment their core software with new features, which would be a double-edged knife.
  • There is no desire or understanding among the leaders of the xenforo company for a prospective future.
  • They are trying to hand the business over to some other company.
On your first bullet, new features often fragment, rather than defragment software. They are taking their time to make sure that does not happen. This is a positive thing, by the way. I have seen what can happen when new features are added without considering their impact on the core.

As for the second bullet, the fact that Xenforo Cloud exists show they have great desire and understanding for a prospective future. It was a priority because the cloud is where IT is headed. People expect to be able to subscribe to a managed service for their software rather than having to futz about with switches and servers and such. So putting it in place and getting it stable before the next major upgrade makes perfect sense to someone like me who lives in the IT world.

And they have repeatedly refuted the third so I won't comment further.

XF Cloud looks to me as a means to keep XF profitable. My guess is, it's hard to make real money with just (on-prem) forum software.
With more money comes more opportunities to develop nice features. If this is the case, just tell us. Woltlab did that too.

But I have to agree with @Tracy Perry about being more open. The only thing we know about the upcoming major update is from a post by @Kier in july that more information would be provided in "the next few weeks" :censored:

The total lack of any update doesn't look too good if you ask me.

The only thing we know about the upcoming major update is from a post by @Kier in july that more information would be provided in "the next few weeks" :censored:

Yes, that was really unexpected the upcoming weeks to turn in upcoming months.
The total lack of any update doesn't look too good if you ask me.

Doesn't look good to me either. If there will be HYS this year, probably the release will be somewhere next year, which means, my licence will be expired and I haven't got anything valuable during the period.

I'm due in January and will renew when I get there, 2.3 or no.

however lack of communication and future features is like being blind for customers.
Not a worry here. I have had way too many software companies publish extravagant lists of what is coming and then either fail to deliver or deliver half-assed crap. The fact is, roadmaps and feature lists are often more marketing tools than real, useful information. I am quite happy to wait for the HYS, which will show actual features that will most likely work as advertised.

XF is becoming so boring. The upcoming release is taking too long and current version is lagging behind in terms of features. Social media platforms are moving fast and with xf current pace no way to catch up, users are shifting to more interactive platforms for better engagement.

XF is becoming so boring. The upcoming release is taking too long and current version is lagging behind in terms of features. Social media platforms are moving fast and with xf current pace no way to catch up, users are shifting to more interactive platforms for better engagement.
That's a forum owners problem and not an XF problem. A new version of XF isn't going to bring more users.

You need good content. Well really an interesting niche and good content.

That's a forum owners problem and not an XF problem. A new version of XF isn't going to bring more users.

You need good content. Well really an interesting niche and good content.

Thanks for stating the obvious, we have 30k users and 4ml posts. We are talking about social media like features.

Registrations pretty darn simple IMO, especially if you implement the Google login or similar. How could it be simpler?
Some sites when you visit them, you got auto login pop up registration with third party sites. That would be cool to have in XF.

We have suggestions dating back to 2010... Some which are very popular as well. They should just come out and start closing some of these suggestions. Stop keeping people on "wait" for so long.
Not happening, fine, say so. Close the thread.
Are any of the "implemented" suggestions slated for 2.3? I took a quick look and a lot of it was stuff that was already implemented that people posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom