2.0[23]November 28, 2017833 days
2.1[25]January 30, 2019428 days
2.2[27]September 29, 2020608 days
2.3N/A725 days+

Attachments

• 1646733425_12-krot-info-p-smeshnoi-zhdun-smeshnie-foto-14[1].webp
    1646733425_12-krot-info-p-smeshnoi-zhdun-smeshnie-foto-14[1].webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 25
Starting to rival the vB fiasco length between releases... but we lived through that period also. There are several here now that would have died from apoplexy back then.
Did VB develop and rollout a cloud product during the "fiasco"? It is not as though Xenforo has been twiddling their thumbs since 2.2. We are now on 2.2.10 and Xenforo Cloud has rolled out. Maybe I am too jaded from years of dealing with slipping release dates for corporate software (the folks fretting about XF release dates would have their heads explode if they had to deal with some of that crap) but I see no problem here myself.

Did VB develop and rollout a cloud product during the "fiasco"? It is not as though Xenforo has been twiddling their thumbs since 2.2. We are now on 2.2.10 and Xenforo Cloud has rolled out. Maybe I am too jaded from years of dealing with slipping release dates for corporate software (the folks fretting about XF release dates would have their heads explode if they had to deal with some of that crap) but I see no problem here myself.
What I am referencing is the fact that the lack of communications and slow release between the versions during that time period did not kill us then.... and I seriously doubt it will kill us now.
If it's causing angst amongst people because they aren't being fed a steady or semi-steady flow of information from XF, it's something they need to come to grip with, or perhaps seek professional help for. Nothing much has changed in a decade, and AFAIK nobody has passed away because they didn't get their weekly sees of @Kier (if you remember certain folks going ga-ga every time he posted something).

I wonder what the average age range of those yelling for "regular updates" and/or a roadmap and the "dearth of communications" are. I would not be surprised if the majority of them are between 20-40 years of age. Seems that range has a special fondness for instant gratification and the requirement to be told everything..... It's one of the many things we can thank social media for....

Yep, and if that's 1 week or 200 weeks... they remain upcoming. ;)

For your reference. That's what Googles answered to me:

I would say that could mean in the next couple of months. Definitely no more than 13 weeks (three months) because anything farther out that that is not really “upcoming” but far away.

9 collapsed answers so I guess I’ll be number 10! I’d guess from 2 to 7 weeks. One week would be “next week” It also would depend on which part of the month the statement is made. Any more than about 6 or 7 and the terminology should become “upcoming months” but I’m not an attorney, so don’t try to use my answer in a court of law.
Screenshot 2022-10-23 165956.webp

Which are now more than 3 months and are not "upcoming weeks" anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: FTL
For your reference. That's what Googles answered to me:

I would say that could mean in the next couple of months. Definitely no more than 13 weeks (three months) because anything farther out that that is not really “upcoming” but far away.

Which are now more than 3 months and are not "upcoming weeks" anymore.
Depends on what you are used to dealing with.... I like playing with stuff that involves millions of years and distances like 2.36 * 10^22 miles... so even a century is a blip on the scale of time. ;)

But in all honestly... Kier probably regrets that post, as MOST people would assume between 3-6 months. Then there are those of us that are happily rocking along with 2.2.x, having no issues and enjoying our life instead of worrying about when the next version is going to be released. Life is WAY too short to worry about silly stuff like that.

Depends on what you are used to dealing with.... I like playing with stuff that involves millions of years and distances like 2.36 * 10^22 miles... so even a century is a blip on the scale of time. ;)

But in all honestly... Kier probably regrets that post, as MOST people would assume between 3-6 months. Then there are those of us that are happily rocking along with 2.2.x, having no issues and enjoying our life instead of worrying about when the next version is going to be released. Life is WAY too short to worry about silly stuff like that.

I'm the person that I'm loosing respect to people who don't keep what they say.

I'm the person that I'm loosing respect to people who don't keep what they say.
No date was given. No number of weeks was given. "Upcoming weeks" is a meaningless phrase and you can't really hold anyone to anything using it. He shouldn't have worded it so ambiguously, but no promised deadline was missed in my books.

I have more important things to worry about. 2.3 will happen when it happens.

I have more important things to worry about. 2.3 will happen when it happens.
Then you shouldn't reply here :)

I got the same, focusing on my community.

No date was given. No number of weeks was given. "Upcoming weeks" is a meaningless phrase and you can't really hold anyone to anything using it. He shouldn't have worded it so ambiguously, but no promised deadline was missed in my books.
You right, he shouldn't say phrased that and give people wrong hopes . What made me angry is that I had purchased extra license at the time when he said extra weeks. Otherwise I could wait for HYS to purchase the license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom