XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, this thread is going in the wrong direction and way too far from his purpose.
What it will come in xF will definitely come in the next few weeks... we just need to wait for it.
The more I read this thread, the less I care about when/if there is a 2.3

Next year is fine, or maybe the year after.

No big rush.

Guys, this thread is going in the wrong direction and way too far from his purpose.
What it will come in xF will definitely come in the next few weeks... we just need to wait for it.
No, it will come when it arrives... the issue is folks (including some of the developers) putting a date/timeline on it. And THAT is one of the arguments against roadmaps also. When it doesn't happen "when/as promised" the cries start up and the pitchforks and torches come out.

1666645482655.png

No, it will come when it arrives... the issue is folks (including some of the developers) putting a date/timeline on it. And THAT is one of the arguments against roadmaps also. When it doesn't happen "when/as promised" the cries start up and the pitchforks and torches come out.
Well... If I remember... it was posted as "few weeks"... they didn't post a certain date when it will be., all we know is "few weeks"... so we know that will be this year. We still have like 9 weeks of this year.
Patience is a virtue, pal.

Patience is a virtue, pal.
It certainly is with so many things in life and this is no exception.

I just hope that some great new features are coming with all this waiting. At least the software continues to work really well in the meantime.

It's just like cars. On the one hand you have people that are perfectly happy with the same car for years, on the other hand you people that want the newest model year.
There is nothing wrong with both sides... to each their own.

Reactions: rdn
Do you want to have a mountain of problems with plugins that don't support 2.3?
Are you bored?

Do you want to have a mountain of problems with plugins that don't support 2.3?
Shouldn't be that big a problem with a 2.x release. Some will need work, esp. if they interact with functionality that is changing, but most that work with 2.2 won't need more than tweaking, at least based on my experience going from 2.1 to 2.2. A lot of the add-ons I use worked with 2.2 out of box and just needed some work where new features or fixes were involved.

Really... you have contemplated selling simply because XF developers don't keep you updated with their plans? Weird reason to base a decision to sell upon if your sites are still productive... but we all have our idiosyncrasies.
I assume you carry that theory forward.. like if you have a perfectly working car and you can't get parts from the manufacturer for it you contemplate selling it, even though it is currently working fine? Glad not everyone has that attitude as think of all the "antiques" that would have been disposed of instead of still being used today.
No. XenForo's failure to provide direction to its customers is just one of a handful of variables under consideration. It has nothing to do with what the forum community expects and everything to do with my ability to plan for the future. If you're just living life day to day without any long-term planning then you won't get far. I get that you like XenForo. I do too. But I think you have too much free time on your hands. XenForo doesn't need you to cheerlead for them.

No. XenForo's failure to provide direction to its customers is just one of a handful of variables under consideration. It has nothing to do with what the forum community expects and everything to do with my ability to plan for the future. If you're just living life day to day without any long-term planning then you won't get far. I get that you like XenForo. I do too. But I think you have too much free time on your hands. XenForo doesn't need you to cheerlead for them.
Considering I'm retired after 30 years of public service, you could say I have lots of free time on my hands. :rolleyes:
You see, I don't HAVE to do "long term planning". My planning consists of being able to get up, scratch my butt and drink my coffee and think about what I want to do that day.
The ONLY long range planning I have to do now is if we want to take a trip in the RV... have to make sure we have places to stay, and with the influx of people that bought RV's during COVID since they couldn't do their "normal" vacations, you do have to make reservations a few months in advance.
Oh, I forgot... I also have to keep up with the weather to see if I want to put the astro equipment up that night for captures. ;)
As for liking XF.. yep, and I like a lot about IPS also. And also Burning Board.

And my point remains valid. If 2.2.x is currently working for you then you are not being "damaged" by not knowing, and to top it off, if they gave out "early hints/ideas" about 2.3 that you then made plans around, and then that information did not pan out (which has happened in the past) then you'd be screaming bloody murder about "being misled".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom