Lack of interest XF 2.0 Export Advertisements / Associate with Add-on

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

adamsmasher

I'd love to be able to either export all the advertisements I've made in Setup > Advertisements, or save them to an add-on. For me this would make it easy to install all ad code in one go, such as when I upgrade our forum from XF1 to XF2.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There is no Setup > Advertisements in XF1.

Do you have a third party add-on which that is from?

In XF1 I made a simple add-on so I could add Adsense with custom phrases to different templates. I just wanted to make it easier to manage the phrases as a whole in the event of upgrading, etc. I upgraded the add-on to work with XF2, but I like the Advertisements system better because it will not show ads on templates for you automatically. If there was a way to export advertisements from my test install, then I could quickly re-import them after upgrading to XF2.

This might be a use-case that's really only useful for me, though.

Just to clarify...

Am I right in saying that you have already imported your old XF1 advertisements into the default XF2 advertising system in your XF2 test forum, but you'd now like to export those now default advertisements from your test forum and import them into your live forum, eventually?

That isn't totally clear, but if that is your use case then that's probably valid.

Sorry about that - I don't think I probably made what I was asking very clear. I would like to export the advertisements I've made on our test XF2 so I can re-import them later after upgrading our live forum from XF1 to XF2.

I mentioned add-ons since you can save class extensions and other things as part of an add-on that it might be useful for people to do the same with an advertisement.

Top Bottom