Cannot reproduce XF 1.3: Only one user with weird "font shrinkage" in RTE

kontrabass

Out of tens of thousands of users, I have just one that has an odd issue with his font size randomly shrinking when he posts on his OSX Mavericks system. He's using Safari Version 7.0.5 (9537.77.4) and OS X 10.9.4 build 13E28.

Here's a link to a post with a screenshot of the text editor input showing small font:

Font change during editing

And this is what his posts look like:

Font change during editing

It happens about once every 3 posts, according to the user. I have been unable to duplicate, nor have I had any other reports... So I guess this is pretty insignificant :)

This happens to me occasionally using Chrome on Win 7.
I have mentioned it to Mike in the past.

It only happens when I paste content, but not always.
I haven't been able to reproduce a consistent test case.

I don't recall the pasting thing off hand. But pasting is a very different thing -- source formatting comes across by default; it's usually stripped out but there are some cases where it's kept.

If it's just happening randomly when typing then that's very strange. I haven't tried to reproduce this yet, but if I can't it's going to be essentially impossible to diagnose the issue to figure out any required change.

In my case, it actually causes existing text to change font size, after a paste event.

Checking the code, it actually adds size tags, size 2 if I remember correctly.

I don't recall the pasting thing off hand. But pasting is a very different thing -- source formatting comes across by default; it's usually stripped out but there are some cases where it's kept.

If it's just happening randomly when typing then that's very strange. I haven't tried to reproduce this yet, but if I can't it's going to be essentially impossible to diagnose the issue to figure out any required change.

I'm using the same setup (Safari 7 on Mavericks) and have never had this happen. Why it continues to happen for this user 33% of the time he posts, is beyond me. Maybe he'll send his mac to me. Lol.

Maybe he has some sort of Safari extension that's interacting in a weird way?

I've tried a little bit to reproduce this, but no luck as of yet.

I have also had an OSX user report this with Safari, in both OSX 10.9 and 10.10.

Just as Brogan described, it actually inserted size tags (size 2) around the affected text, but the user cannot reliably reproduce the issue. I'll report back if I hear anything else.

Top Bottom