XenWord Pro [Deleted]

I like what you've done! It's much better than our own hacked version.

We still use aMember to handle paid memberships and it works with both XF and WP, however, I wonder if it's possible to use your bridge instead where aMember can update member levels in XF and your bridge will handle the WP synching. Is there a chance this could work? What would I need to suss out to see if it's possible?

Thanks!
Ray

I'm using an older version of XenWord and i'm a little apprehensive about upgrading because of all of the changes i've made to styling it and all. But I was wondering if you were able to fix an issue where private forum threads were showing up in the recent threads widget?

I'm using an older version of XenWord and i'm a little apprehensive about upgrading because of all of the changes i've made to styling it and all. But I was wondering if you were able to fix an issue where private forum threads were showing up in the recent threads widget?

What version are you using? - the last dozen have a latest thread with permissions set. I don't really like the current code because it won't show five if they are all private. It's on my list of things to change.

Feel free to open a thread in the suggestions forum to describe more about your desires.

What version are you using? - the last dozen have a latest thread with permissions set. I don't really like the current code because it won't show five if they are all private. It's on my list of things to change.

Feel free to open a thread in the suggestions forum to describe more about your desires.
Okay, thanks. Will do :)

Is it possible to pull membership from Xenforo in a group to determine a role in Wordpress? Can this be done on each login if so?

Is it possible to pull membership from Xenforo in a group to determine a role in Wordpress? Can this be done on each login if so?

Hi

I stopped doing that after version 1. The mapping caused too many headaches for most sites. Plus, I moved to redux framework and I have yet to figure out how to include a php file. I just figured out how to include an html file in the settings panel but raw php didn't work and so it would probably be an extension of their framework. :(

Hi

I stopped doing that after version 1. The mapping caused too many headaches for most sites. Plus, I moved to redux framework and I have yet to figure out how to include a php file. I just figured out how to include an html file in the settings panel but raw php didn't work and so it would probably be an extension of their framework. :(

Perhaps you can direct me on the best way to do this?

I have the bridge running and it works great! I want to sell memberships in Xenforo. In WP I want to protect content unless the user has bought a membership in XF. It will only be only tier, so simple. Any recommendations?

Perhaps you can direct me on the best way to do this?

I have the bridge running and it works great! I want to sell memberships in Xenforo. In WP I want to protect content unless the user has bought a membership in XF. It will only be only tier, so simple. Any recommendations?

If I understand your post then this is easy :)

Simply choose the default user in the User Permissions part of the XenWord panel.

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 4.22.09 PM.webp

If I understand your post then this is easy :)

Simply choose the default user in the User Permissions part of the XenWord panel.

View attachment 98090

Slightly more complicated. Any user can register for the forum, but they only get a certain level of access if they pay. A second user group. If they are in that second user group then giving them a certain role in wordpress above default.

I would protect content based on this role.

Slightly more complicated. Any user can register for the forum, but they only get a certain level of access if they pay. A second user group. If they are in that second user group then giving them a certain role in wordpress above default.

I would protect content based on this role.

In that case, XenWord doesn't support that configuration until after I can extend the redux framework to support php in the settings panel. I just figured out including HTML pages - so it could be awhile :(

Hi, I was about to pull the trigger on this but as I read through the pages and pages of comments and notes here I'm a little wary of the login connections between XF and WP, can you clarify for me?

Our situation:
We have a WP site that's been up for years. We have a few Administrator logins and about 15 Editor logins. We just set up the XF forums and want to use your bridge for having posts, comments and such show up in both places.

My concern:
Once set up will I still be able to log in to the WP admin with the Administrator and Editor profiles? If not, what happens to them? Basically, how does this work without messing up those profiles and all that they're tied to in the WP Admin system and posts and pages all over the site?

Thanks for your time

In that case, XenWord doesn't support that configuration until after I can extend the redux framework to support php in the settings panel. I just figured out including HTML pages - so it could be awhile :(

If it is in your plans I would be willing to A: help out the beta process and B: wait for it to be complete.

This is by far the best bridge i have seen. one of the final pieces is finding the security bridge so people can use xenforo to control access to content on wordpress. I dont think you need to figure out ALL the content protection pieces on the WP side as much as find an easy way to pull over what user group a certain user is in and then let another plugin base access on what role / tag a user has. It would complete the cycle.

Hi, I was about to pull the trigger on this but as I read through the pages and pages of comments and notes here I'm a little wary of the login connections between XF and WP, can you clarify for me?

It's good that you asked before purchasing so you can clearly understand that the bridge redirects WordPress login and user information is from the XenForo side. There is an option to have the XenForo users copied to the WordPress side.

Our situation:
We have a WP site that's been up for years. We have a few Administrator logins and about 15 Editor logins. We just set up the XF forums and want to use your bridge for having posts, comments and such show up in both places.

You should complete this document so you can match the IDs prior to installing the bridge. This will require modifying the WordPress database tables so you are changing the user_ids for admin and editors. Find the XenForo IDs and replace those respective ones in WP.

This document will explain how to do this.

http://www.tuxreports.com/community/resources/howto-align-wordpress-and-xenforo-admins.37/

My concern:
Once set up will I still be able to log in to the WP admin with the Administrator and Editor profiles? If not, what happens to them? Basically, how does this work without messing up those profiles and all that they're tied to in the WP Admin system and posts and pages all over the site?

Thanks for your time

All the profiles will be coming from XenForo - sans any account wanting to use first and last name - which would come from the WordPress profile.

Let me know if this is clear.

If it is in your plans I would be willing to A: help out the beta process and B: wait for it to be complete.

This is by far the best bridge i have seen. one of the final pieces is finding the security bridge so people can use xenforo to control access to content on wordpress. I dont think you need to figure out ALL the content protection pieces on the WP side as much as find an easy way to pull over what user group a certain user is in and then let another plugin base access on what role / tag a user has. It would complete the cycle.

Thank you. This would be an option because this feature was on the 1.x versions but caused so many headaches for most of the sites. But I have to figure out how to do the work as an extension to redux framework.

A trial version has been added to the XenWord store. This version is for testing on a local development server. The license is for 7-days and is for testing purposes only. Most of the features have been removed.

I hope this helps.

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Maintenance Release for Thread Creation

This version is a maintenance release, fixing thread creation and adding backend files needed for easier updates.

Changelog
(67) Stable 2.4.1.07
New File: xenword.css
Code Change: Added back the plugin action links, xenword_action_links()
Code Change: rename xf_path to absolute_path for consistency
Tested with XenForo 1.4.5

(66) Release Candidate 3: 2.4.1.06
Bug Fix: Line 48 class-xenword-metabox-forumid.php

(65) Release Candidate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Prices were updated today in which branding removal prices were decreased. All other licenses were increased to cover the cost of doing business with PayPal.

This looks like a great plugin.

I'm starting a magazine style blog, but also want a community, and this looks like a possible solution. A couple of questions if I may:

1) For those of you who have implemented this in their blog, have you noticed an increase or decrease in user engagement as far as commenting on the blog post vs clicking thru and participating on the related forum post (assuming that the 2-way blog comment/forum post sync is turned off)?

2) If blog comments and forum posts sync both ways, doesn't that present a duplicate content issue? How are people using this 2-way sync?

3) Are there any alternatives to full 2-way sync? For example, is there an option to just show the last n comments or the most liked comments in the thread?

4) Instead of displaying forum posts as comments on the blog article, is it possible to display the number of comments in the related forum post to show activity? For example, is it possible to have a button that says, "Talk about this post (23 comments, 21 voices)" or something like that?

Thanks! And my apologies if any of these questions have been asked before.

Top Bottom