XenWord Pro [Deleted]

xenword.pot file is empty. Please replace it with a fixed one.

Hi,

Sorry but this plugin is not ready for language translation (which is why language translation is not included in the list of features). There is a conflict between Redux Framework and XenWord. Worse, the newest version of RF caused issues with some people and so I stepped versions back to a "stable" one. Once RF is updated and stable then I can revisit language translation. Until then - the translations are not done.

@LPH I'm considering buying this plugin for a client's forum. I love the integration, but we're looking for something will let users register an account in WP via a paid membership wordpress plugin, then automatically create the XF account so the user doesn't have to go through the process of creating an account via xenforo. would that be possible with this plugin? from the demo sites it looks like clicking on register just takes you to the registration page of xenforo.

If the paid membership plugin is only protecting the WordPress side then you simply install XenWord and set the default membership in WP to the one desired by the plugin.

Yes. XenWord redirects all login to XenForo. In turn the plugin copies the user information into the WordPress database allowing the WP admin (through an XF account) to change an account's role and capability.

I hope that is clear.

While working on the 2.2 release, I found the following interesting.

It has been one year since releasing the first version of XenWord (version 1.0.0.1).
Version 2.2.0.03 is the 53rd version of the plugin.

Version 2.0.2.03 was 2.4 MB in size
Version 2.2.0.03 is 1.7 MB in size

xenword.php in version 2.0.2.03 was 321 lines of code.
xenword.php in version 2.2.0.03 is 73 lines of code.

Global $XF was used in version 2.0.2.03 a total of 158 times.
Global $XF is used in version 2.2.0.03 a total of 19 times (one file left).

Query Monitor shows XenWord adds 5 queries (4 select, 1 update), 0.0017 seconds load time added.

[XenWord 2.2.0.05] Use the WordPress First and Last Name

The next version allows the first and last name to be used on the WordPress side of the site.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like a good option for wordpress+xf.

Is it possible to disable comments on wordpress completely so comments are posted on forum only and not duplicate?

Looks like a good option for wordpress+xf.

Is it possible to disable comments on wordpress completely so comments are posted on forum only and not duplicate?

Yes. At one point I did this on my site to see what would happen. The best method is to strip out the comments form, etc from the WordPress child theme. in turn the bridge puts in the link to the forum thread at the bottom of the post content. Next, use CSS to style the link so that it matches the look in the forums.

Hello @LPH I've a new question for you. I've an established blog, with some users. I don't want to write XF users to WP database, but I want to assign to XF users Editor permissions on Wordpress. I can do this simply by editing "xf_user_id" column in wp_users table? At the moment my admin account in wordpress has "0" in that column, but since it's the same nickname of the xenforo's one I can login into WP Admin panel. So, can I assume that it's doing an alignment on username basis?

The other question is: I want to hide the wordpress navbar for normal xenforo users. Is this possible?

Finally: have you tested this plugin with W3 Total Cache?

Thanks and congrats for the work! :)

Last edited:
Hi @daimpa

The xf_user_id column is for future code.

The best way to set up an editor account is to first have the account in XenForo and WordPress so that the user_IDs are the same. Next, log into WordPress using a XenForo admin account and edit the above account so that it is set as an editor.

There is a setting to shut off the WP toolbar.

Sorry but I'm not aware of any caching plugin that works. Instead, cache at the server level so both WP and XF are optimized.

Hello @LPH, thank you so much for the quick reply.

I've yet users on Wordpress and Xenforo, IDs are different. I can change the wp_users.ID value on wordpress database to match the one of xenforo. I've seen that WP User ID is also on usermeta, and possibly all posts written by that users. Is there any safe and tested SQL code to mass edit everything about this?

When you say "I'm not aware of any caching plugin that works", do you mean "I've tested them, but no-one works" or "I haven't tested them"? Thanks :)

Last edited:
I haven't tried to write an SQL because the conditional would be looking for the email to see if it exists ... but what if they used a different email account? So - I have nothing yet.

I've tried W3C, wp-rocket, WP Super Cache, and several others - but never found a good combination. Some people have posted they have it working but they have not shared their settings.

The best way to set up an editor account is to first have the account in XenForo and WordPress so that the user_IDs are the same.

So, how does it work with existing setup, 40k users on forum side, 1k on wordpress side and there is no link between them. There is no option here to match the IDs.

So, how does it work with existing setup, 40k users on forum side, 1k on wordpress side and there is no link between them. There is no option here to match the IDs.

There is no association code. The code looks for matching email addresses. Such a large number of users on the WordPress would require a lot of planning and looking. If the IDs have made comments then they need to be identified so that their user_id is not changed. Oh - there are so many details - but it would clearly be a huge job.

For my situation where I've few wordpress users, can I delete them, then enable the option to Write users on WordPress database only to write 4-5 users, so I can assign them editor permissions, then disable the option? Could this work?

For my situation where I've few wordpress users, can I delete them, then enable the option to Write users on WordPress database only to write 4-5 users, so I can assign them editor permissions, then disable the option? Could this work?
Yes. That is exactly the approach I'd recommend.

There is a setting to shut off the WP toolbar.
In Xenword -> Wordpress Toolbar I've set everything to OFF, but the toolbar still show for users. Maybe it's because I don't write users to wordpress database?

I've also tried to add this code to functions.php in my theme, but this doesn't seem to work either:
// Only display to administrators
add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_admin_bar');

function remove_admin_bar() {
if (!current_user_can('administrator') && !is_admin()) {
show_admin_bar(false);
}
}​

Did you try a different theme to see if something is block it?

Also, if the meta data is already written for that user then you'll have to go into the database and remove it ... XenWord will not change that information in the meta after it's been set for the user.

@LPH just tested with the default wordpress theme, the WP bar is still showing... I need a solution to this as soon as possible. I can do all the tests you want :)

There're no users in the wordpress database but mine (admin), I've deleted them all from wordpress admin panel.

I'd like to know how long you will support this add-on? There was another one for WP and they stopped supporting it after a year or so, so people are stuck with old versions. For example will it be supported in XF 2.0?

Last edited:
@LPH just tested with the default wordpress theme, the WP bar is still showing... I need a solution to this as soon as possible. I can do all the tests you want :)

There're no users in the wordpress database but mine (admin), I've deleted them all from wordpress admin panel.

Please open a support ticket on www.tuxreports.com so I can get more details. Also, I suspect if you looked in the users table the accounts are not there but did you look in the user meta table? :)

Top Bottom