XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Support ticket opened :)

I've looked in WP user meta table, there's only my admin account. Deleting the account from WP user panel made all record disappear automatically :)

I'd like to know how long you will support this add-on? There was another one for WP and they stopped supporting it after a year or so, so people are stuck with old versions. For example will it be supported in XF 2.0?

I'll answer this as honestly and openly as possible. Supporting this plugin can be a joy or a nightmare.

Some people buy the plugin, install it, and they are done. Others struggle.

Some people who struggle can be strange at times. I've had people do chargebacks but keep using the plugin, had the most rude emails sent to me blasting me for being stupid, had people rip me to shreds over a missing feature, had people lash out over something that turned out to be a mistake in their settings ... and that can really get annoying.

The flip side is that some people can be really super nice. They are awesome. And these people make the difference between supporting the plugin and just dropping it.

On average, I spend 4-5 hours per day supporting this plugin. There are days that no one writes or posts anything.

The biggest support costs are due to the time it takes to unravel statements such as "it broken. fix it." to five pages of diatribe empty of any details needed to diagnose why the plugin fails. No matter how much I test the plugin, someone ends up putting the plugin in an environment I have not considered. This means trying to recreate the environment to figure out what is happening. Obviously it works - because I use it on my site ;)

There are also times people put the bridge into an environment and they expect it to do something it was never designed to do ... this can lead o me adding features or just doing a refund.

Now, in terms of XF 2.0, I have no knowledge about the development but trust Mike, Kier, and Chris to consider add-ons. After all, it's the wild development of WordPress that can be at issue; the WP code is spaghetti at best - and eventually the WP API will be available ...

In the end, it's all about learning, time, and expectations.

The account you just opened on tuxreports.com isn't tied to a license. Please tie it to a license.
Hi, like I wrote you in older conversation, I prefer to use my personal account for tech support and not the one of the agency. Is this possible? I can give you all details about the agency's account if necessary.

Hi, like I wrote you in older conversation, I prefer to use my personal account for tech support and not the one of the agency. Is this possible? I can give you all details about the agency's account if necessary.

Sorry. I fell asleep. We need to associate your account to a license. Please start a PM on tuxreports with me.

Also, I need to figure out how that account even opened a support ticket when it is only tied to XenWord accounts ! :eek:

i'm using a wp plugin called paid memberships pro to create user accounts. ideally, i'd like to use the plugin to sync those accounts to XF. so, is it possible to create users in WP and have them sync to XF? or is it only possible to sync XF users to WP?

i'm using a wp plugin called paid memberships pro to create user accounts. ideally, i'd like to use the plugin to sync those accounts to XF. so, is it possible to create users in WP and have them sync to XF? or is it only possible to sync XF users to WP?

XenWord has an option to write XF accounts to the WordPress database. This way XF accounts are used to log into the site and both XenForo and WordPress are available.

XenWord 2.3: Absolute Path rather than Relative Path

One of the greatest challenges to installing XenWord has been people putting in the correct relative path. Without the relative path then widgets, redirects, postings, etc do not work and the person becomes confused.

XenWord 2.3 now has the code set for absolute path rather than relative path. This seems to work fine on the test server. I've thought about a way to have a person just put in the URL to XenForo but don't have that code working.

XenWord 2.2.0.07 was released to developers today. Hopefully everything will be fine and I will release it to everyone else.

XenWord has an option to write XF accounts to the WordPress database. This way XF accounts are used to log into the site and both XenForo and WordPress are available.

yes, but if i make my users create their accounts in wordpress instead of XF, will those accounts be synced to XF? also, if a user role for a user in wordpress gets changed (i.e. subscriber to author) will that change be synced to xenforo (thus changing the user group in xf)?

yes, but if i make my users create their accounts in wordpress instead of XF, will those accounts be synced to XF?

No. Sorry but all accounts are created through XenForo. The XenWord plugin redirects all WP login, registration, etc to XenForo. Next, the plugin has an option for those accounts to be written to WordPress - in which an admin may set the WordPress account default to even custom roles.

also, if a user role for a user in wordpress gets changed (i.e. subscriber to author) will that change be synced to xenforo (thus changing the user group in xf)?

No. This is not a feature. Sorry.

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Change to Absolute Path

This is a huge change in the way a forum is chosen as well as the location of XenForo is done by the absolute path rather than relative path.

Alpha: 2.2.0.01
———————————————
Code Change: class-xenword-activator.php Alter WordPress Table post to add forum_id after ID
New Method: getForumIdForPost
New File: class-xenword-metabox-threadid.php
New File: class-xenword-metabox-forumid.php
Rename File: xenword-thread-creation.php to class-xenword-thread-creation.php

Alpha:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please clarify for me: Would it be possible to take this plugin and integrate with the WordPress Comments interface? In other words, when someone wants to comment on a blog, they are taken to the XenForo forum instead? I realize you can create a thread based on a blog, but would a direct link on the blog page be part of it? Hard to implement?

Using Wordpress 4.1 and XenWord 2.3.0.2

When I go into the Wordpress Admin section and navigate to widgets so you can add specific XenWord widgets to the sidebar, all the XenWord widgets are available but the sidebar where you can drop them is missing. When I deactivate the XenWord plugin and go back to the Wordpress Widgets page, my sidebar is back. Reactivate XenWord and no sidebar. Not feeling any love. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Please clarify for me: Would it be possible to take this plugin and integrate with the WordPress Comments interface? In other words, when someone wants to comment on a blog, they are taken to the XenForo forum instead? I realize you can create a thread based on a blog, but would a direct link on the blog page be part of it? Hard to implement?

XenWord has an option to show a link below the WordPress content to the thread created XenForo thread. The comments area is then removed from the child theme leaving only the link to the discussion thread.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Using Wordpress 4.1 and XenWord 2.3.0.2

When I go into the Wordpress Admin section and navigate to widgets so you can add specific XenWord widgets to the sidebar, all the XenWord widgets are available but the sidebar where you can drop them is missing. When I deactivate the XenWord plugin and go back to the Wordpress Widgets page, my sidebar is back. Reactivate XenWord and no sidebar. Not feeling any love. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Good evening.

This reads like your absolute path is not set correctly. Can you open a support ticket on tuxreports.com so we can review the settings?

Update: All set. The path for newer versions is an absolute path and no longer a relative path.

Last edited:
LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Excerpt Post Fix, Cookie Class Removal

Some sites were having trouble with cookies not functioning for administrators. There was also a nasty bug for post excerpts.

Changelog
Cookies: Removed the class due to incompatibility with some XF usernames
New Function: remove_admin_bar_links
Cleaner Options: Thread Creation options text were improved
Bug Fix: Excerpt on edit post
Bug Fix: Change useXenForoCommentHandler to static function

Read the rest of this update entry...

On the road to Jefferson (3.x)

I spent the day moving code and files around in the admin panel. This is insignificant to the features but I was trying to improve the time it takes to update the backend when there are code and feature changes.

The file structure should be set for 3.x releases. The transition involved creating new files, renaming files, creating new functions, moving functions around, and developing a structure to support a bridge capable of pulling information from WordPress and XenForo. I really appreciate everyone's patience as problems were discovered after releases :(

The class structure failed for many of the WordPress pluggable functions. Rather than continue to tinker with WordPress functions, the plan is to spend more time on the widgets and extend the thread creation features.

On the road to Jefferson (3.x)

I spent the day moving code and files around in the admin panel. This is insignificant to the features but I was trying to improve the time it takes to update the backend when there are code and feature changes.

The file structure should be set for 3.x releases. The transition involved creating new files, renaming files, creating new functions, moving functions around, and developing a structure to support a bridge capable of pulling information from WordPress and XenForo. I really appreciate everyone's patience as problems were discovered after releases :(

The class structure failed for many of the WordPress pluggable functions. Rather than continue to tinker with WordPress functions, the plan is to spend more time on the widgets and extend the thread creation features.
Do you plan to introduce multiple-domain login in this version?

Top Bottom