XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Thanks! V1 didn't do quite what I needed it to do, but from the comments here, it looks like v2 will.

I set it up on my test system last night and made a few quick test posts - it works great. I want the feature that everyone wants - to use a different domain name. :) But I can live with a subdomain - I've been thinking about putting everything under one umbrella and going back to forums.mydomain.com (as it was before 2009) anyway.

I'd like to show just the top nn (either likes-based, or comments I mark), first nn, or newest nn xf comments in a thread on the wp page, rather than all of the comments - because if people comment in xf as much as they do in wp, I expect it will be slower to show xf replies. First comments in a thread should be faster, newer comments should be better for seo, but marked/liked comments would be more informative to my visitors.

I set it up on my test system last night and made a few quick test posts - it works great.

Awesome. This made my morning.

I'd like to show just the top nn (either likes-based, or comments I mark), first nn, or newest nn xf comments in a thread on the wp page, rather than all of the comments - because if people comment in xf as much as they do in wp, I expect it will be slower to show xf replies. First comments in a thread should be faster, newer comments should be better for seo, but marked/liked comments would be more informative to my visitors.

Would you please explain what nn is? I'm totally lost on the abbreviation. It's been a long night and I'm not feeling well. I'm also irritated with someone on stackexchange but want to make sure I'm understanding your request.

I want to create WP site where users from my forum are able to login there.
When user signup at WP and get registered at my forum as well.
If user is in X xf usergroup they will assign to X wp role.

Can this bridge do all of the above?

Oh sorry. nn = some number. When I went to school, it was x or y. :)

Thank you. I was way off in my thinking :)

Let me see if I can figure out something. For clarification, where do you want this information located?

I want to create WP site where users from my forum are able to login there.
When user signup at WP and get registered at my forum as well.
If user is in X xf usergroup they will assign to X wp role.

Can this bridge do all of the above?

Hi,

I'm glad you are interested in the bridge. This bridge works to take advantage of XenForo. The XenForo registration and membership are used as a single sign on. A copy of the XF user is moved into the WP database (if the option is chosen). The WP admin can be used to modify the user role on the WP side.

This is the best method because someone with a Google+, Facebook, or Twitter account can login and register on the site -- and end up with an XF and WP user. Cool, eh?

If you'd like to see the bridge in action then please consider viewing the videos on YouTube. You are also welcome to ask any questions here. :)

A few people asked me yesterday and today about version 3. I'd like to clarify that version 3 is far away because of the amount of learning required on my part.

Here is a screenshot of the first work done on version 3. Look in the bottom right. The work might get stripped out and done a different way. It's just a peek to show you a direction the plugin is moving.

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 3.19.08 PM.webp

Again - this work is far FAR away from being completed. The work on version 2 is only 30-35% done for needing to improve integration between XF and WP. Version 2 must be finished before focusing on version 3 ;)

Hi

Is it possible to auto create threads in Xenforo for new blogpostson Wp and then uses the replys as comment system in WP?

Hi
Is it possible to auto create threads in Xenforo for new blogpostson Wp and then uses the replys as comment system in WP?

Good morning,

Yes. There are options to turn on thread creation (on by default). There are options for comments too so that the comments are synchronized between XenForo and WordPress.

Thank you. And is it also possible to log in into xenforo automaticly from WP?

No. The login is from XenForo. This is very important so that the power of XenForo is useful. For example, someone can login using Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ ... as well as XenForo.

I took it live on my site last night - I only have a few linked articles so far, so it might be a while before anyone uses it. The articles that have comments won't be linked to xf - unless I could either show both wp and xf comments or import wp comments into xf. I'm sending the posts to forums that allow guest replies - I'm curious to see how much spam they get. I get very little spam in wp even though I don't require logins to comment (jetpack comments seems to keep the spammers out.)

I'd like to be able to show a few comments on the posts with a 'go here to see more', which will force people to use the forum more (because 400 word comments is better in xf).

My only annoyance so far is logging in to the admin panel doesn't redirect back to it. Since I don't require logins to comment, it only affects me.

I'd like to be able to show a few comments on the posts with a 'go here to see more', which will force people to use the forum more (because 400 word comments is better in xf).

You might want to add that the suggestions forum and see if others request it too. In the meantime I wrote it down. :)

My only annoyance so far is logging in to the admin panel doesn't redirect back to it. Since I don't require logins to comment, it only affects me.

Redirects should be working. Is this with the subdomain setup?

This is a feature that I consider to be very dangerous. However, if you understand that backups are required, testing is important, the work is done on local test servers, and you are willing to walk through things many times ... then this feature might help you.

Feature: Mass Import WordPress Posts into XenForo threads.

Scenario 1: If you have been using WordPress for years and have thousands of articles - maybe you'd like them linked to your new XenForo installation. Here is one way to do it.

Scenario 2: You are done with WordPress and want everything in XenForo. Here is a way to import all WordPress posts or pages into XenForo. The key is to set "Full" in the thread creation option.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Be Cautious. Be Safe.

This plugin requires the same physical server because it uses a relative path because WP and XF. The plugin also requires the same domain name.

Now, it would be interesting to hard code a full path and see if that works. Are you good with PHP or willing to try some modifications of XenWord?

i have one xenforo site and one wordpress site in two different locations on the same server.......does this work?

Top Bottom