XenWord Pro [Deleted]

I swapped out where is says members and its still broken. Also how do I fix the CSS on the WP Plugin so it will display right. I really would like to get this widget working.

Greg

@Gregory Lynn

Removed earlier request for PM.

Update: The fix is very simple. The problem is in your XenForo sidebar_online_users template. You have wrapped two places with h3 tags. Change the second h3 tag to h4. This is the tag for Members Online Now. Next, you have a strange link going to /online ... fix that area of your template. Look at the code I provided earlier so you can fix it.

Change this statement:
PHP:
<h3>{xen:phrase members_online_now}</h3>

To
PHP:
<h4>{xen:phrase members_online_now}</h4>

Using Chrome, this is what I saw after changing your tags.

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 12.49.35 AM.webp

Last edited:
@Gregory Lynn

Removed earlier request for PM.

Update: The fix is very simple. The problem is in your XenForo sidebar_online_users template. You have wrapped two places with h3 tags. Change the second h3 tag to h4. This is the tag for Members Online Now. Next, you have a strange link going to /online ... fix that area of your template. Look at the code I provided earlier so you can fix it.

Change this statement:
PHP:
<h3>{xen:phrase members_online_now}</h3>

To
PHP:
<h4>{xen:phrase members_online_now}</h4>

Using Chrome, this is what I saw after changing your tags.

View attachment 75572

I sent you a PM with the stock code to the template. I cant seem to get your fix to work.

Greg

I am sorry I sent you the wrong code that was your code. I just sent you the stock code. I get paid tomorrow if we can get this fixed I will send some money your way.

Greg

I am sorry I sent you the wrong code that was your code. I just sent you the stock code. I get paid tomorrow if we can get this fixed I will send some money your way.

Greg

Thank you for the offer to pay but it isn't necessary. I'm here to help.

The same issue remains though. Maybe it isn't clear to you. So, let me try again. There is an HTML tag wrapped around the phrase members online. In your code, the tag is h3. This needs to be changed to h4. It's a simple edit in your XenForo sidebar_online_users template. As you probably realized earlier, just make sure that you are editing the correct style and template.

This video might be good for you to view so you get an idea on CSS, HTML, etc and how to inspect with Chrome element tool

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you would like me to make this change for you then please let me know in PM. I'd need a temporary XF admin account to get into /forums/admin.php and access to edit your templates.

Your the man my friend I got it working I was editing the wrong style. I am sorry for so much confusion. All of this stuff is like Greek to me lol.

Greg

any news?

Please let me know the name of the theme, location for download, etc. Also, look at the theme files to see if the code in the file is incorrect? Have you tried a different theme (temporarily) to see if the counter is correct? Generally try the twenty ten theme.

It's done manually for now. I can insert in a temporary fix but it'll cause a double posting on any new published articles - which is a no go for a live production site.
Ok no problem, I am not going to add them by hand because it wont work the way the plugin works. I will just add new blog posts.

P.S. Thanks for all your help.

Greg

I am not sure why but according to Google Webmaster tools Google is ignoring the Wordpress sitemap and only indexing the Xenforo sitemap. Any idea why?

P.S. its been showing pending since I installed the Xenforo sitemap.

Greg

Screenshot5_zps17a75e32.png

Last edited:
I changed the wordpress sitemap to a different one and and the website was indexed instantly. I don't know why the other one stopped working when I installed the bridge.

Greg

Edit Update: wholly crap that new sitemap is just what the doctor ordered, Google indexed 21 URL's over night.

Last edited:
Reactions: LPH
A small qustion:

is it possible to make that user will submit the comments only in xenforo and the comments will be displayed in wordpress & xenforo??

Top Bottom