XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Last edited:
LPH updated XenWord Pro with a new update entry:

XenWord Pro 2017.10.25 is available

Significant changes to the bootstrap file were done after combining XenForo 1 bridge files with the newer XenForo 2 bridge. Bug fixes to XenForo 1 files were included.

Major changes
Fixed activation clashes when XenForo 2 is not present
class-xenword-add-users-to-wp.php - use in_array instead of $wp_role['0']
Removed use_online_members_avatars switch for online members widget.
Changed priority load for xenword_login...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@ LPH I am really impressed with the new features! And to everyone else buy this addon if your looking for a good wordpress to Xenforo bridge.

Would this new version still require me to manually synch/input all of my existing xen users into the wordpress database? If so, for a couple thousand users, that could take days/weeks/months, depending on my work schedule.

@ LPH I am really impressed with the new features! And to everyone else buy this addon if your looking for a good wordpress to Xenforo bridge.

Thanks. I uploaded a new alpha with bug fixes for user mapping and comments. I changed the connector class name when the two code bases were merged and this caused issues uncaught on my local server.

Would this new version still require me to manually synch/input all of my existing xen users into the wordpress database?

There has been an option to enable writing XenForo users to the WordPress user table for almost 3 years. The mapping feature was expanded so that secondary users roles were mapped to WordPress user roles.

XenWord User Mapping.webp

Do you mean if the user is in both WP and XF? In which case, the user_id and ID must match. There is a WordPress plugin to help.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-id-changer/

Wait - can this addon duplicate the username and password on both sides? So that one does not have to re-register both in WP and XF?

Registration is only done in XenForo. When the options are set by admin, the user browses to the WP site and the information is copied into the WordPress database.

Important reminder—

XenWord Pro 2017 is alpha. Please use 3.5.2 on production servers. Several brave souls are helping isolate problems with the autoloading. Feel free to test and report any issues. XenWord Pro 2017 is working on several installations; however, case sensitive issues were raised this morning. I hope my suggestions to fix this work and will bundle up new changes tonight once more people have let me know.

>>Create XenForo threads from WordPress posts, pages, or custom posts. Threads may be Full, Excerpts, or a Link<<

What we want is exactly the opposite: the ability to create a WordPress post from the *first post* of a Xenforo thread. Is that possible?

>>Create XenForo threads from WordPress posts, pages, or custom posts. Threads may be Full, Excerpts, or a Link<<

What we want is exactly the opposite: the ability to create a WordPress post from the *first post* of a Xenforo thread. Is that possible?

Thread promotion from the WordPress side is done by adding the known thread_id to a WordPress post. Here is a video of XenWord Pro 2017.10.28

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The current state of XenWord Pro 2017:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Changes to the bootstrap file and ini file for the Redux Framework. Thank you to everyone providing feedback.

This version is available for download for all current license holders. Please feel free to contact Gracie on Tux Reports if you are a past annual license-holder and let it go but want to test this version.

The bootstrap file and Redux Framework ini were modified after feedback from others. The greatest change involved the conditionals for XenForo 1 and 2 loading of files.

( 11 ) 2017.10.28 - October 28, 2017
Bug Fix: Redux Framework conditionals.
Bug Fix: Bootstrap conditionals.

Please...

Has anyone tested to see if this works with WordPress 4.8.3?

WordPress 4.9 RC1 is on my development machine and live site. It's so that XenWord Pro 2017 challenges on the XF1 bridge side are fixed before too many people install it on live sites.

Files in XenWord Pro 2017 underwent massive changes over the weekend. Composer autoload is now used on the legacy/ XF1 bridge files now. Loading of CSS, images, and framework are no longer duplicated. The footer branding is also one file now.

This alpha version is installed on the Tux Reports server; however, it took some work. Certain widgets are conflicting and so they are shut off.

This latest bridge code is far superior to past releases: fewer code repeats, autoload of classes removing the need for require_once, and a few hidden bugs were found and fixed. It's simply not perfect. This is why the product is marked alpha; it's not ready for a production server. I realize some people are already using the XF2 side of the bridge as well as others are using the XF1 side on production servers. You might run into glitches.

Everyone helping with reports is awesome. Thank you.

In the meantime, XenWord Pro 3.5.2 is holding strong.

2017.11.07 - Alpha

This version needs the XF1 bridge portion to be tested in a large array of environments. Do NOT use this on the live site. Yes, people are using it and it makes me very, very nervous. The bridge needs heavy testing.

As an incentive, select accounts were updated other licenses because of their earlier help. For example, this is an opportunity for annual license holders to get moved up to lifetime -- simply by helping.

Do NOT use this for XF2 bridging because it is incomplete...

XenWord 2017.11.10 is available for download

The latest alpha version of XenWord Pro 2017 is now available. This is probably the last alpha and the next release will have bug fixes and the addition of a few minor features. Yes, after almost 8 months, XenWord Pro 2017 is getting closer to being finished.

Thanks for Jeremy P on the XenForo forums, XenForo replies are written properly to WordPress and WordPress comments are written to the XenForo thread.

This version also includes the comment counts, the author links as well as the...

Top Bottom