XenWord Pro [Deleted]

(This was eligible to be marked as unmaintained for a while, but was missed. Hence, it's now to the point where it'd be deleted.)

Understandable and not an issue. I'm not able to provide support on this site and I didn't update this resource with the latest versions when they were released in August or today's version 3.5 release. I hold no negative emotion toward this decision.

The plugin development is active and continues to be active regardless of this thread. My basic concern has been people posting here, unidentified as a customer or owning a license. Worse, I don't get emails when someone updates this thread. I never have and when I arrive to see complaints, then I'm annoyed because it's not clear who is being honest and who is being overly dramatic.

People deserve a working product. XenWord has over 500 active installs; each one is unique which can cause quite a headache when the code is changed. Development releases were slowed down to make sure code changes weren't causing huge issues. Imagine 500 people getting ticked off immediately because of an error in my code.

My love for XenForo 2 continues to grow. The beta 4 is fantastic. XenWord 4 is coming along nicely.

Have a wonderful day.

Worse, I don't get emails when someone updates this thread. I never have
Watch thread & get email replies set? if you aren't getting emails for replies...that's the first place I'd look. Plus, you only get one email unless you visit the thread again

LPH updated XenWord Pro with a new update entry:

Updates to XenWord 3 and 4.

( 134 ) 3.5 - October 1, 2017
Tested with WordPress 4.8.2
Members and Styles loaders created
New option for use_members for local testing
New option for XF Username to be used when posting a WP Post to XenForo.
New option to enable or disable fallback forum
Bug Fix: Clarified not to enable XenWord until after Multisite settings completed.

Version 3.5.1 is being tested.

( 135 ) 3.5.1 - October 7, 2017
Upgraded Redux Framework v3.6.7.7
Rewrote check user to use get_userdata instead...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So does this mean, no more Xenword Pro? for XF 2.0 ? or what ?

Is the addon? still forsale? how much? cause i don't feel comfortable with paying for something that'll eventually go out of date

The update is a list of items changed in XenWord 3.5, which is available now. Version 3.5.1 is currently being tested.

XenWord 3 is for XenForo. The version for XenForo 2 is XenWord 4. XenWord 4 is considered an upgrade and will be free for all valid license holders.

LPH updated XenWord Pro with a new update entry:

A nasty bug introduced in version 3.4.3.1 regarding comments has been fixed in 3.5.2. The Redux Framework has been updated and removal of an SQL statement for checking if a user already exists in the WP database.

( 136 ) 3.5.2 - October 10, 2017
Posts.php file returned to 3.4.3 version then corrected to using WP_Comment_Query

( 135 ) 3.5.1 - October 7, 2017
Upgraded Redux Framework v3.6.7.7
Rewrote check user to use get_userdata instead of the sql statement
Rename check_user method to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

XenWord 3.6improves the consistency of loading xenword_options by stopping the repeating of calls for get_option. Thanks to Mike's help, XenForo prefixes were added to the Wide forum widget. This feature is being tested and planned implementation on the sidebar widgets as an option.

View attachment 159826

Updates are also posted for XenWord 4 as an alpha may be available sooner than planned.

That widget looks nice.
Does it have options to include/exclude the forums that appear on Wordpress pages ?

That widget looks nice.
Does it have options to include/exclude the forums that appear on Wordpress pages ?

Not at this point but it is a feature to be added. There are tons of features to be added to the widgets; however, I'm trying to focus on the XenWord version for XenForo 2 (XenWord 2017) and am trying not to add new features to XenWord 3. This gets me in trouble, of course, because people think I'm not developing when XF2 is a very different beast and requires a different thought process. It's very difficult (for me) to bounce back and forth between XF 1 and XF 2 coding.

Please let me explain. XenWord 2017.10.5 is sitting locally on my development machine. It has a connector to XenForo 2. This version has been my focus since May. I spent the majority of the past two days (over 20 hours) working on a login script which doesn't want to load when in a select directory. I had it working up one level then realized it's better, in the long run, to use autoloading -- a feature I don't know much about until today. In fact, I was really close to thinking an alpha release was close. I'm now thinking my time today improved the likelihood that a release is going to happen faster. Well -- once I figure out a snag regarding the Redux Framework loading the \XF class.

Basically, if I do make changes to XenWord 3 then it is because of work being done on XenWord 2017.10.15.

Since my need are just to sync the users between the XF DB (full) and a wordpress site with just the admin user, do you think I can buy the script right now? I've paused since I was worried from your silence but now that you're active again I can proceed...

Since my need are just to sync the users between the XF DB (full) and a wordpress site with just the admin user

Let's make sure the way XenWord operates is clear. XenWord uses XenForo as the master database. When the user logs into XenForo and browses to WordPress then there is an option to copy that user to the WordPress database. The opposite is not true; that is, going from a WP user to a XenForo user. There is no synchronization in terms of beyond copying XF user information to WP.

I've paused since I was worried from your silence but now that you're active again I can proceed

June to October is always rough for me each year. After four years, I'm used to it. Many customers are too. I'm not a "summer off" kind of teacher. Specifically, I do training in the summer and getting ready for the fall semester. Regardless, I'm not always 'loud' about what is happening. Gracie gives me a bad time about it.

I've actually been trying to understand XenForo 2 code. It's very different from XenForo. I only made changes to XenForo as I was learning something new about the bridge while coding a XenWord version for XF2.

In terms of support, license holders should go to Tux Reports because the labels for license holders are on that site - and not here. Gracie is also there and is sometimes available sooner than I am available.

In my view, I prefer XenForo 2 and it's challenging to go back to XF1.

Should you purchase? This depends completely on your needs. In your case, you'll want to look at the trial version and see if it does what you want it to do for your site.

Let's make sure the way XenWord operates is clear. XenWord uses XenForo as the master database. When the user logs into XenForo and browses to WordPress then there is an option to copy that user to the WordPress database. The opposite is not true; that is, going from a WP user to a XenForo user. There is no synchronization in terms of beyond copying XF user information to WP.
Thanks, let me explain as I imagine the flow. All my users are registered on XF and the members are in a specific XF usergroup. My main site is a WP one and there's a Woocommerce ecommerce on that site. What I want is that if one user is registered on XF and is in that specific members usergroup, he can go on the main site and login using the same credentials used on the forum.

I don't have any user but the admin in Wordpress so for me it's ok if the main DB is the XF one.

Is that correct?

June to October is always rough for me each year. After four years, I'm used to it. Many customers are too. I'm not a "summer off" kind of teacher. Specifically, I do training in the summer and getting ready for the fall semester. Regardless, I'm not always 'loud' about what is happening. Gracie gives me a bad time about it.

I've actually been trying to understand XenForo 2 code. It's very different from XenForo. I only made changes to XenForo as I was learning something new about the bridge while coding a XenWord version for XF2.

In terms of support, license holders should go to Tux Reports because the labels for license holders are on that site - and not here. Gracie is also there and is sometimes available sooner than I am available.

In my view, I prefer XenForo 2 and it's challenging to go back to XF1.

Should you purchase? This depends completely on your needs. In your case, you'll want to look at the trial version and see if it does what you want it to do for your site.

I understand what you are saying here, but have you also taken into consideration a vast majority of users will not be making the migration to xenforo 2.0 anytime soon (if ever).

Concentrating solely on 2.0 (if I am reading you correctly) and ending development of xenword for xenforo 1.5, you are essentially catering to a small percentage of users.

I understand what you are saying here, but have you also taken into consideration a vast majority of users will not be making the migration to xenforo 2.0 anytime soon (if ever).

Concentrating solely on 2.0 (if I am reading you correctly) and ending development of xenword for xenforo 1.5, you are essentially catering to a small percentage of users.
I don't know about that I am upgrading to 2.0 as soon as I can. I am going to update the moment all of my plugins are updated. And I don't have many so I should be able to upgrade right away.

P.S. he also said the 2.0 updates would be implemented into the 1.5 xenword.

ending development of xenword for xenforo 1.5

This has never been stated and I apologize if this was the appearance. I’ll try to clarify. XenWord Pro 2017 is an upgrade which will support XF2. XenWord 3 will only support XF1. XenWord Pro 2017 development is my focus and as I learn then I’m adding to XenWord 3.

You may not be aware of this thread. There are Developer logs also.

https://www.tuxreports.com/community/threads/xenword-pro-2017.610502/

This was posted the other day.

51E0D36C-2EE9-4D28-8562-90A72C3386BA.webp

Technically, the Redux Framework will be the limiting factor.

P.S. he also said the 2.0 updates would be implemented into the 1.5 xenword.

Correct. I’m absolutely excited about using Composer and autoloading classes.

WordPress4.9 beta 2 and XenWord 3.6 are on the TuxReports server. The change to the wide widget appears to be solid but someone asked months ago for changes in widgets and I want to work on them before release.

Last edited:
This code has me excited. Most XenWord classes reuse the same code for calling the options in WordPress database.

PHP:
class Post {

protected $options;

/**
    * Post constructor.
    */
    public function __construct() {
        $this->options = get_option( 'xenword_options' );
    }

Traits were introduced in PHP 5.4 and so repetitive code can be moved into a trait and called with the use statement. The following video shows the replacement of the above code with use Options;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a great way to speed up coding. In the future, new options can also be added to the trait file.

Last edited:
XenWord Pro 2017 now connects to both XenForo and XenForo 2.

The XenForo 2 bridge remains unfinished and file changes are needed in the XenForo 1 bridge legacy portion so that the CSS loads; otherwise, the connectors are working.

XenWord Pro 2017.10.22 File Structure.webp

An alpha release of XenWord Pro 2017 is now available for download by all license holders.

This version is for testing only. Do NOT use on a production server. Instead, use XenWord 3.5.2 for live sites.

This version includes a switch between XenForo 1 and XenForo 2 installations. I would appreciate feedback on the XenForo 1 portion of the bridge. The XenForo 2 portion of the bridge is still under construction.

All feedback belongs in the XenWord Pro 2017 forum.

Known Issues
The loading of the xenword-admin.css (no CSS for widgets background color, or dashboard). P

The loading of the dashboard widget fails unless the support switch is enabled.

Troubleshooting Tips
Place the following in your WordPress wp-config.php file.

PHP:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

Check the XenForo server error log for any errors being generated by XenWord Pro 2017.

Try to run through all of the switches and features which are important to you.

If you are using MAMP or XAMP then please run the server on different PHP versions. PHP 5.4+ is required.

Feedback Request
Please describe the steps to recreate any issues you've discovered.

New Features
Now that I've merged new XenForo 2 code with the XenWord legacy code, then it's time to consider any new features or changes you'd like in the plugin. I realize many of you prefer to be quiet; therefore, feel free to send Gracie a personal message and she'll post the ideas.

This product has taken over 6 months to develop. Merging older code into the /legacy directory has led to challenges with CSS and some of the features.

Top Bottom