XenWord Pro [Deleted]

When such a link is created, can comments from the linked thread be imported as WordPress comments?

Currently replies on the XenForo thread are shown on the WP side. However the replies are not added to the WP comments table. This is a future feature.

Hi, i have a problem with installation. My blog and xenforo is on the same domain, but xenforo is in a subdirectory. As soon as i activate the plugin and provide the correct path, i cant access the wordpress front-end and admin pages(white screen of death), but then i can login to xenforo admin. As soon as i logout xenforo, i can access wordpress front-end and admin pages. What seems to be the problem. Why wordpress version is latest.

Is it posible to tranlsate the plugin?

So maybe if there is a comment i want to translate "1 comment" in the news...
Where can i find it?

@LPH

I want to use WP as home page so as a portail...
However, I will install a theme which looks like my Xenforo style but is this compatible?
Before buying your plugin, I want to be sure that the theme I want to install is 100% compatible.

I don't know if it is important to give this info but I'm running under Apache...

I want to be sure that the theme I want to install is 100% compatible.

There are so many WordPress themes that it is impossible to know without trying it. I'd suggest you try the trial version. Then you'll know if it works for you.

There are so many WordPress themes that it is impossible to know without trying it. I'd suggest you try the trial version. Then you'll know if it works for you.

Thanks for the quick feedback.
Where do I download the trial version?

@LPH does your addon attempt to put the forum inside of the WP theme?

Can widgets related to the forum be shown on all WP post sidebars?

does your addon attempt to put the forum inside of the WP theme?

No. WordPress theme work and XenForo styling are outside the scope of this plugin.

Can widgets related to the forum be shown on all WP post sidebars?

Yes. There are several widgets. They are indicated on the overview of this resource or look on tuxreports.com to see the widgets in the footer.

Hi, i tried aligning the database, but the coulmns shown in the tutorial(http://www.tuxreports.com/community/resources/howto-align-wordpress-and-xenforo-admins.37/) is not present in my wordpress database. I had installed and activated the plugin in wp dashboard. The same issue persist. When i login xenforo forum, i cannot access my wordpress site, its just plain white.

The missing columns in the wp_users table are ID_from_users and xf_user_id , that you had instructed in the tutorials.

Also, i have just confirmed that when i enable the xenword plugin, even non-logged in user is getting the white screen. So currently, i had to de-activate the plugin to make my site functional. What seems to be the problem?

Last edited:
I tried adjusting the absolute path value in the xenword plugin, but when the absolute path value is false, everythings back to normal, but when i give the correct absolute path only, the white screen of death issue occurs. Even wp admin shows a white screen, i can access the xenforo forum though. My forum is installed in a sub folder and not on a sub domain

When i logged in xenforo admin, it alerted me with server logs. Im pasting the last log below.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'class-xenword-avatars.php' (include_path='/home/alphateam/public_html/community/library:.:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') - /home/alphateam/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenword-3.0.1.04a/WordPress/includes/class-xenword-includes.php:55

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'class-xenword-avatars.php' (include_path='/home/alphateam/public_html/community/library:.:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') -/home/alphateam/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenword-3.0.1.04a/WordPress/includes/class-xenword-includes.php:55
Generated By: Unknown Account, 13 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "http://www.alphateam.sg/wp-login.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Edit: I Just checked my xenword plugin folder, it does not have the "class-xenword-avatars.php" file, as thrown by the error.

Let's start from the beginning.

1. Alignment
2. Record absolute path
3. Activate plugin / enter absolute path
4. Change settings in XenWord panel

Alignment
Alignment is vital and very easy. The concept is that you have two different databases, the WordPress database and the XenForo database. Once XenWord is enabled then the XenForo database user information is used to log into WordPress. For this to happen properly then the user IDs must match.

Start with the admin account that you want to use to activate XenWord.

The "ID" column in the WordPress wp_users table must match the "user_id" of the XenForo xf_user table. For example, LPH is user_id "6" in XenForo but ID "1" in WordPress. Therefore, I'd change the ID "1" to a "6" ... I'd also need to go into the user_meta table and make the changes there, too.

Absolute path

An absolute path must be set so that the directory of XenForo is known. Find this using /path/to/forum/admin.php?tools/phpinfo

Activate Plugin

Log into WordPress using a WordPress admin account (aligned to XenForo). Upload the zip file 3.0.2.03. Activate the plugin. Set the absolute path.

Settings in XenWord
Now you can make changes to XenWord in the XenWord panel.

Now to troubleshoot your installation. Please back up to the beginning. Start with the alignment since you asked. Next, make sure you have the correct absolute path. Next, upload the zip through the WordPress panel.

Many people open the zip locally and are only uploading the WordPress part of the plugin ...

Ok, i almost got it to working, and no white screen appears now, but admin privelages to wordpress is still not there. i had done proper alignments. Whenever i set the absolute path correctly, i am not able to access wp dashboard, it gets redirected to xenforo login. After login as admin also, i cant access wp dashboard. Please note: I had done proper alignment of users in the database according to what you said.

I'd also need to go into the user_meta table and make the changes there, too.
What changes to made at user_meta table?

Many people open the zip locally and are only uploading the WordPress part of the plugin ...
Is there any files to be added in xenforo forum folder also? I uploaded the entire zip contents as a wordpress plugin.

admin privelages to wordpress is still not there

Check the wp_usermeta table
Look for wp_capabilities for the ID you set as admin .... a:1:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;}

I uploaded the entire zip contents as a wordpress plugin.

Please do not use FTP. I cannot count the number of times people have done this and caused a headache for themselves. Please use the "upload plugin" button WordPress admin panel, /wp-admin/plugin-install.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 10.20.26 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 10.20.26 AM.webp
    133.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi LPH, thanks for the instructions, I changed the wp_capabilities but still i cant access wp dashboard, when i try to access /wp-admin it gets redirected to the homepage. Also, i had uploaded the plugin via wordpress dashboard only, i never used ftp for it.

Got it working LPH, it was due to a mistake in the wp-config.php file.

define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'alphateam.sg');
define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/team/');

The "PATH_CURRENT_SITE" value was "/team/" as you can see, i had no idea how it got there, perhaps it was set like that during some earlier development. ANyways i changed that to "/" and now dashboard works.

Top Bottom