Add-on XenTorneo Ranking Ladder Coming Soon!

It's cool to see a Characters section but is it possible to change 'Characters' and only show 'Teams' in the ranking list / editing page. Not everyone has a gaming site dedicated to fighting games so having the option to display how much a fighting character has been used might not be a useful feature for others.

It's cool to see a Characters section but is it possible to change 'Characters' and only show 'Teams' in the ranking list / editing page. Not everyone has a gaming site dedicated to fighting games so having the option to display how much a fighting character has been used might not be a useful feature for others.
Doesn't every game have teams though? Even Starcraft has teams.

I guess with shooting games, team doesn't matter.

Doesn't every game have teams though? Even Starcraft has teams.

I guess with shooting games, team doesn't matter.

I'm perfectly fine with Teams.

What I am saying is that the 'Characters' feature where you display how much a fighting character has been used and won in battles might not be a useful feature for tournament games like Chess, FPS games, etc. I understand that the Characters feature looks good for fighting games and RTS games like Warcraft, Starcraft, etc., but not every gaming site dedicates their time on these games, especially my gaming site. Sure, we'll add Starcraft at some point, but we are concentrating on other types of games at the moment.

FPS games do have teams, by the way. Halo is a HUGE popular example and many tournaments are held with Halo (with Halo 4 coming out, it's going to spark the tournament scene again). Unfortunately, a Characters feature won't be useful for this. As long as there is an ability to create teams and adding members into them, that'd be amazing! :)

Keep up the good work, Jaxel. Your mod is quite costly ($100-$200 price range is quite a hefty price) but if you can add features that can be suitable for ALL different types of gaming genres, you will have a much easier job selling your mod.

I'm perfectly fine with Teams.

What I am saying is that the 'Characters' feature where you display how much a fighting character has been used and won in battles might not be a useful feature for tournament games like Chess, FPS games, etc. I understand that the Characters feature looks good for fighting games and RTS games like Warcraft, Starcraft, etc., but not every gaming site dedicates their time on these games, especially my gaming site. Sure, we'll add Starcraft at some point, but we are concentrating on other types of games at the moment.

FPS games do have teams, by the way. Halo is a HUGE popular example and many tournaments are held with Halo (with Halo 4 coming out, it's going to spark the tournament scene again). Unfortunately, a Characters feature won't be useful for this. As long as there is an ability to create teams and adding members into them, that'd be amazing! :)

Keep up the good work, Jaxel. Your mod is quite costly ($100-$200 price range is quite a hefty price) but if you can add features that can be suitable for ALL different types of gaming genres, you will have a much easier job selling your mod.
I guess I can see about programming in a feature to disable the usage statistics.

But its a usage statistic, you don't have to use it for teams or characters. What you can do is link a player's nationality. Then you can see statistics to see what nations are most prominent. Or if you don't have a reach that big, you can do state flags or something.

But its a usage statistic, you don't have to use it for teams or characters. What you can do is link a player's nationality. Then you can see statistics to see what nations are most prominent. Or if you don't have a reach that big, you can do state flags or something.

That's actually a neat idea!

I think the Teams aspect should be looked into so people can create a Team for a tournament and invite other members into their Team. The winning team will have each member get rewarded with equal points. It would make 4v4 leagues much easier to handle rather than doing everything manual for each team contestant (which can get tedious after a while).

Also, it would be cool to allow us to create categories in the leaderboards to track other statistics. For example, how many kills/deaths, goals, checks/checkmates, etc. a contestant got during the tournament and this information actually gets added up and we can see someone's overall league statistics. Examples: have a Top 10 Killers list and display the total amount of tournament kills they got or a Top 10 Aggressive Chess Players list and display how many checks in total they've committed against their opponents.

As long as XenTorneo is extremely customizable for all types of gaming leagues (not just for fighting games and RTS/MMORPG games), change certain names easily (Characters into Countries or Teams), customize the front page of XenTorneo and add certain Torneo blocks here and there, then it definitely deserves the high price!

Other than that, I'm quite excited for this release and it will definitely spark a lot of excitement in my forum. It has already brought up some really good ideas to do with the community. :)

Another request:

In a League's overall leaderboards, you should have the logged in username show up above the leaderboards indicating their current rank and other statistics so the user doesn't have to flip through a bunch of pages to find out where they are currently ranked overall in a League.

How about add ranking like sport tournaments?
Round robin? And with a ranking for teams with point for victory/draw/defeat

How about using forum users as characters?
So we can create a forum user for the team and add "characters" (athletes) to the team.

Speaking of ranks, I would **** bricks if this mod ever implements a leveling system within each league and have an actual overall league level as well.

For example, the points you earn during the tournaments go into a leveling system which an admin can setup. In order for a member to level up to 2, they must have 1500 XP/Points. When a Lvl 1 member wins a couple tournaments and had a total of 1600 points, you will see a LVL 2 next to the member's name. You could even let the admins design certain ranks and allow us to upload them (military rank images to signify each level).

This is probably a much bigger feature that will take quite a long time to do so you can just keep this idea in consideration. But seriously, I wouldn't mind paying $200 for the mod if this big feature was added AND the mod has loads of customization features which I have listed in my previous messages on this thread.

Most of the customization features you guys are asking for are simply not possible.

This mod DOES NOT record data on individual matches. It records overall records of an entire tournament.

Most of the customization features you guys are asking for are simply not possible.

This mod DOES NOT record data on individual matches. It records overall records of an entire tournament.

I'll admit that I was probably asking for too much with that one. :)

How about the ranking system idea? Is that something you might look into implementing in the future? v2.0 of the mod or something...

Top Bottom