• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenStaff

My wishlist:
  1. Add the ability to change the name of the URL.
  2. Add the ability to display the block not only on a separate page, but also in the sidebar.
  3. Add ability to sort users in alphabetical order.
  4. Add ability to disable in the userlist quantity of messages, likes received, trophy points, but show the status and location of user.

1. this is my highest priority, :)
2. I have this done as a separate addon for my wife's site, I'll combine the two addons into one
3. easy enough to implement
4. see number 3,o_O errr I mean... :cool: :p

Is there any way I can change the location?

I don't want to have it listed here:

PAkk4j.png

But instead, would like it to show up here:

vvRWof.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I can do it on my own, I am just worried about messing it up.

Is there any way I can change the location?

I don't want to have it listed here:

PAkk4j.png

But instead, would like it to show up here:

vvRWof.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I can do it on my own, I am just worried about messing it up.

I just did this just a couple days ago.

To remove the link from the nav, I just went into the Code Event Listeners and unchecked "navigation_tabs" which you can find under the Development when you enable debug mode.

Then go into your "navigation" template.

Look for the area that has the code for the members tab. Should look like this:
Code:
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_members">
                        <li><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase registered_members}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link online}">{xen:phrase current_visitors}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>
                    </ul>

Change it to look like this:
Code:
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_members">
                        <li><a href="{xen:link XenStaff}">WL2G Staff</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase registered_members}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link online}">{xen:phrase current_visitors}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>
                    </ul>

That should do it.

I want to move the location of the "Staff" link in the menu, it must be further to the right in my menu.
Try looking in the navigation template. Here are my notes when I moved it:
<xen:comment> this was between forums & members. I moved it here so that the
Contributing members (xen_staff) would be in the desired place
</xen:comment>

how can i make more than one staff...like maybe

"staff" and then also one for "guest speakers" and one for "premium members"

all on separate tabs

This mod was created to allow admins to display sponsors or contributors, and I kept it pretty basic. I have another one I wrote for my wife's site that has a few more options including display priority. I been really busy creating a web site for a REALTOR® that I had no time to work with XF mods, or even perform my moderating duties here. His site is almost completed so I'll have more time to update this mod, and continue work on my XenAds mod.

Thanks for your patience, I really appreciate it.
I hope we can see an update for this wonderful addon soon, Lawrence. (y)

I been away from coding for a while due to a lack of free time. Now that I have adjusted (somewhat) to working full time again I have freed up some time to get back into it, and XenStaff will be the first add-on that I will update. Most of the requests in this thread will be implemented.

I just finished updating my dev site to 1.1 beta 4 an hour ago. I expected to do this earlier today, but well... ended up at an art show where we ended up buying two paintings from a "starving" artist.... starving my butt, she looked like she was doing pretty well to me.

I been away from coding for a while due to a lack of free time. Now that I have adjusted (somewhat) to working full time again I have freed up some time to get back into it, and XenStaff will be the first add-on that I will update. Most of the requests in this thread will be implemented.

I just finished updating my dev site to 1.1 beta 4 an hour ago. I expected to do this earlier today, but well... ended up at an art show where we ended up buying two paintings from a "starving" artist.... starving my butt, she looked like she was doing pretty well to me.

Thank goodness as I was just about to request someone update this or make a plugin similar :). Looking forward to the update!

+1 for the update, I'd love display ordering. :) Also, does/can this cache the list? Perhaps for a time period then its reset? Reason being our staff list is rather extensive, I figure it could benefit from caching to increase load time.

When I was on vBulletin 3.x I got rid of the View Forum Leaders link and replaced it in the menu and titled it "Staff." I used HTML to add a message to the top saying,

Listed below are all the members of forum staff. If you want more information about a staff member, click his or her user name, or read the “Staff List” topic.
The word "Staff List" linked (using HTML) to a topic where staff introduced themselves to the members.

I am so glad that most of the features I want are easily being replicated on xenForo, and this staff page is one of them. At this point I simply need to add the message shown above to be satisfied. I am thinking that putting it as the META description would not give the visibility and aesthetic I want. The notice box, on the other hand, is really nice, though I see it does not support HTML. Is my only option to put the HTML in manually in a template file, or can the notice be made to support HTML? Or can I simply use the built in notice system in xenForo? If that is the case, I wonder how to get the notice system to recognize the staff page.

Oh, cool: just added it manually by replacing {$xenOptions.displaystaffNotice} with my message in XenStaff_Index

Top Bottom