• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenStaff

Great Mod, thanks for sharing..
I have two comments.

1) The tab is too much .. just a single link in the sidebar where it says "Staff Online Now" should be enough ... actually, I removed the tab myself (no option for that), and added the link on the template sidebar_online_users

2) The moderators are not sorted by username ... I have a bunch of moderators and they were listed in a random order. To fix that, I changed the query on XenStaff_Model_StaffGroupsUserIds::getAllUserIdsPerStaffGroup to

Code:
            return $this->_getDb()->fetchAll('
                SELECT
                    user_group_relation.user_id, user_group_relation.user_group_id
                FROM xf_user_group_relation user_group_relation
                INNER JOIN xf_user user ON user_group_relation.user_id=user.user_id
                WHERE
                    user_group_relation.user_group_id IN (' . $staffgroups . ')
                ORDER BY user_group_relation.user_group_id, user.username
            ');

i don't know why i always ignore this mod
thanx a lot it works great

looking for more features soon
  • i want to change the url from /xenstaff to /thanku - is it possible
  • can I write next to the member name little info about his/her contribution

That add-on came about because I wanted to learn how Tabs worked when A1 (or maybe A2) was released, so I came up with having a staff/contributors page. It does need to be re-worked, especially how it checks for group members. I recently wrote a quick add-on that displays members of selected groups on forum home sidebar, using the 32 * 32 avatar, with a major heading and the group names as the minor headings.

• i want to change the url from /xenstaff to /thanku - is it possible
  • can I write next to the member name little info about his/her contribution

I installed it on my wife's site to list Sales Representatives and Office Staff, and noticed the xenstaff in the url so I changed it to staff. It requires 4 separate edits to change, and you need to be in Dev mode. I can change it to thanku for you and upload it here if you like. I'll also remove that package and upload the one with staff in the url, it's a little better than the word xenstaff.

edit: here is the add-on with the url set to "thanku"

Attachments

That add-on came about because I wanted to learn how Tabs worked when A1 (or maybe A2) was released, so I came up with having a staff/contributors page. It does need to be re-worked, especially how it checks for group members. I recently wrote a quick add-on that displays members of selected groups on forum home sidebar, using the 32 * 32 avatar, with a major heading and the group names as the minor headings.

I installed it on my wife's site to list Sales Representatives and Office Staff, and noticed the xenstaff in the url so I changed it to staff. It requires 4 separate edits to change, and you need to be in Dev mode. I can change it to thanku for you and upload it here if you like. I'll also remove that package and upload the one with staff in the url, it's a little better than the word xenstaff.

edit: here is the add-on with the url set to "thanku"
wow fantastic
thank you

I'm having a problem. I have everything installed and when I click on Staff I receive this Fatal error.
My host has increased my limit to 512MB and I still see same error. They're asking what the server memory requirements are.

Did I do something wrong?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122683380 bytes) in /home/coastie/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(243) : eval()'d code on line 68

Great Mod, thanks for sharing..
I have two comments.

1) The tab is too much .. just a single link in the sidebar where it says "Staff Online Now" should be enough ... actually, I removed the tab myself (no option for that), and added the link on the template sidebar_online_users

Hello. How specifically did you remove the call for the tab, while still leaving the page itself active? I'd appreciate a pointer, I'm guessing it's something in debug mode?

I'm having a problem. I have everything installed and when I click on Staff I receive this Fatal error.
My host has increased my limit to 512MB and I still see same error. They're asking what the server memory requirements are.

Did I do something wrong?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122683380 bytes) in /home/coastie/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(243) : eval()'d code on line 68

How many groups have you selected to show, and how many members are in each group? Can you try it with only one group that has a couple of members (just for testing)?

Lawrence: Would you consider allowing for the option to remove the tab but leave the page in tact? Make the two options separate for those who want to add it to other areas of the nav or put it in their own navigation system altogether?

I'd really love that option for the future.

How many groups have you selected to show, and how many members are in each group? Can you try it with only one group that has a couple of members (just for testing)?
Darn it......that was it. This is my test board and when I imported, all of my regular members went into the moderating group. That was way too much and I forgot they were all in there.

Thank you!

Thanks for this great mod. Installed and is working great.

Like others I am looking forward to being able to choose the display order of groups as well as being able to have seperate tabs.

I am using this to display my Clan members and would like to also use it to display contributors

thanks

Question, I have this associated with my clan members I have 4 groups selected if those members are logged into the site, they should appear in the right side block right? because it seemed like this was working yesterday that way however now it doesnt appear to be displaying those members in the right hand side, curious if something was interfering with this now? is there a proper way to troubleshoot this?

Did anything change on your site in the last day or two? (ie: did you install any additional add-ons).

I can't reproduce this with XF stable, but I will look further into it.

Top Bottom