XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

@cmeinck

Replaced post

I think a better approach is to get the plugin behavior to not interfere with other WP plugins. Instead of what I was thinking. Since I don't use user sync then I'll have to play with it locally. Maybe others can chime in. After all, I'm just learning :D

From my understanding (fighter 1405 correct me if i am wrong) the user sync overwrites the WP user table, its good if WP has no users ,but if you do it will overwrite them, to get around this you could change the user ids and user id in posts to match XF but this also cuases issues with plugins that use the same data.

which creates the need for manual mapping rules for current users....

How do I take the branding removal option after purchasing the add-on?

I'm sorry. The question isn't clear. Did you buy the branding removal option?

/wp-content/xf_integration/xf_integration.php

See bottom code. Does that help?

I'm sorry. The question isn't clear. Did you buy the branding removal option?

/wp-content/xf_integration/xf_integration.php

See bottom code. Does that help?

I know where to remove the branding from. I need to know how can I buy it. Its not there on the site.

From my understanding (fighter 1405 correct me if i am wrong) the user sync overwrites the WP user table, its good if WP has no users ,but if you do it will overwrite them, to get around this you could change the user ids and user id in posts to match XF but this also cuases issues with plugins that use the same data.

which creates the need for manual mapping rules for current users....

Exactly what I did when I used the plugin and it's not ideal.

rel=canonical is in the head of the XenForo style.
That might be the problem. Both showing as the canonical link, but it's the blog post which would be listed.

To my comments in context, I'd like any XF/WP script to act as a comment/user registration system. XenForo becomes Disqus. It handles registrations and comments, but doesn't affect the WordPress admin/author side of things.

Well, to restate my opinion regarding user sync,
To my comments in context, I'd like any XF/WP script to act as a comment/user registration system. XenForo becomes Disqus. It handles registrations and comments, but doesn't affect the WordPress admin/author side of things.

XF Usergroups can be mapped. I created an XF usergroup called WordPress Authors. Within the XS plugin settings (WordPress admin panel), pull down the WordPress permissions you'd like assigned to that usergroup.

But there is work to do on the user side and there is a note in the code to look at how to get WP profile information. There is also need for custom fields to be accepted.

User mapping is a bit trickier (passwords) but I want to finish the WP admin panel first. This will allow expansion of the plugin options. Again, I cannot make any promises because my coding is weak at best. Looking at the current code, though, it is using INSERT INTO and not REPLACE.

Luckily for us, Jamie is working on different parts, too. And - again - the community is free to jump in. After all, I'm not paid and have even refused donations because I'm doing this for experience and want this plugin improved for my own site.

Hmm was not aware of this, I'll have to check it out.

Just to clarify, this will keep the users in wp if I were to disable/remove this plugin?
They'll still be in the users table, but they wouldn't be usable. This is for exactly the same reason that lph mentioned, passwords in XenForo are hashed and so we cannot (and should not try to) reverse that procedure (or, say, capture the password in plaintext at login) in order to convert them to a WP style hash. If you enable that setting in the plugin then you will require the existence of XenForo to be able to perform any kind of authentication against the WP_users table, as only XenForo is capable of comparing that specific password hash.

Reactions: LPH
What would be ideal would be an author bypass. If they implemented that along with support for canonical linking, I'd consider using this plugin again.

This might work.

Do a search in the XenForo style. Remove the following if you do not want the threads to take precedence over WP posts.

PHP:
<xen:container var="$head.canonical">
   <link rel="canonical" href="{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread, 'page={$page}'}" /></xen:container>

This might work.

Do a search in the XenForo style. Remove the following if you do not want the threads to take precedence over WP posts.

PHP:
<xen:container var="$head.canonical">
   <link rel="canonical" href="{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread, 'page={$page}'}" /></xen:container>

Wouldn't this be a wholesale removal of the canonical link for all threads?

Nice to see that the plugin getanzt updates again.

I might have missed some things. So are there any news about the W3TC compatibility? But don't worry, I wont hesitate you.

I'll set up a new site in a month or so and I would love to use it again.

Just a quick update to let everyone know that my local installation is running XF 1.2 beta 1 as well as XenScripts 1.3-alpha. Everything seems to be running okay. The log in and out functions fine.

Do NOT upgrade your live board to XF 1.2 beta 1.

Just a quick update to let everyone know that my local installation is running XF 1.2 beta 1 as well as XenScripts 1.3-alpha. Everything seems to be running okay. The log in and out functions fine.

Do NOT upgrade your live board to XF 1.2 beta 1.

Where to obtain the latest xenscripts please

How does this work with subdomains? I want our main site to be at www.oursite.com but we have the forums at forums.oursite.com . They're on the same server. I will also have other subdomains (we're running WordPress in its "network" or multi-user form), but those will not tie into the forum. Anything special I'd have to do to make the logins work properly?

Top Bottom