XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Fighter1405

Fighter1405 submitted a new resource:

XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge (version 1.1) - Complete integration of logins, posts, comments and avatars between XenForo and Wordpress

Key Features:
  • Login to WordPress with your XenForo account (user authentication is entirely handled by XenForo)
  • Automatically create XenForo threads for new WordPress posts and pages
  • Store WordPress comments as thread replies on XenForo
  • Sync and display XenForo avatars within WordPress
  • Fully compatible with bambua’s WPXenCSS dynamic WordPress theme
The support site is itself the...

Read more about this resource...

New to XF, bought two licenses and went ahead and purchased two XenScripts' licenses as well. Both working beautifully plus you get excellent support when you need it! This is a true gem. Definitely recommend it.

Yes, 1.1. One of the them is a brand new XF installation, the other is currently running vB4 and I'm going to migrate it to XF with a WP front-end, hopefully within the next few weeks (test site running great with the imported vB4 data, WP and the XenScripts bridge).

I meant the bridge version. I'm wondering if it's different from the bridge I downloaded a couple weeks ago.

I meant the bridge version. I'm wondering if it's different from the bridge I downloaded a couple weeks ago.

It's a minor upgrade to ensure proper compatibility / fix a few bugs. If you'd like to download the update then please email me with your original download link and I'll be glad to send you the new one :)

Does this also support xenforo posts creating an automatic wordpress post?

Also will this work with wp touch? mobile app for WP

Does this also support xenforo posts creating an automatic wordpress post?

Also will this work with wp touch? mobile app for WP

Not at the moment, no. It strictly copies from WP to XF. A promote to blog feature in XF is something I'd like to do at some point.

I haven't tried the mobile app but I can't see why it wouldn't work. If you are interested I can run a test on it.

This seems to be another awesome addon. :)

Would it work with a WordPress installation and XenForo installation on physically separate servers, or requires them to be located in the same folder on a single server?

This seems to be another awesome addon. :)

Would it work with a WordPress installation and XenForo installation on physically separate servers, or requires them to be located in the same folder on a single server?
It need to be able to find the Xenforo installation folder via a relative path. So I guess if you had the path mounted somehow on the wordpress server you could do it...but it really should be on the same server.

Not at the moment, no. It strictly copies from WP to XF. A promote to blog feature in XF is something I'd like to do at some point.

I haven't tried the mobile app but I can't see why it wouldn't work. If you are interested I can run a test on it.
Thanks. Testing would be great. It's a really nice mobile application. Thanks

It need to be able to find the Xenforo installation folder via a relative path. So I guess if you had the path mounted somehow on the wordpress server you could do it...but it really should be on the same server.

Same domain is important as well, so that the cookies will work properly =)

Thanks. Testing would be great. It's a really nice mobile application. Thanks

I've installed that plugin now on the demo site at xenscripts.com - feel free to load it with a mobile device and see if you're happy with it. It looks okay to me from a brief check.

I'd like to request an excerpt feature.. which provides a teaser of the content.

How would you like it to work? How should the excerpt be selected? I started writing something like this, but often WP doesn't actually provide a useful excerpt.

Bit sad to see the branding removal cost more than the actual addon.

I'd be fine with crediting you in an appropriate section on my site, but forcing an entry on every page and charging twice the price of the actual addon to have it removed just doesn't sit well with me.

Bit sad to see the branding removal cost more than the actual addon.

I'd be fine with crediting you in an appropriate section on my site, but forcing an entry on every page and charging twice the price of the actual addon to have it removed just doesn't sit well with me.

http://xenforo.com/purchase/ - same deal there, no?

I do appreciate your point, but I spent quite a while considering pricing strategy and spoke to a few people about it on these forums before deciding, given it's something I've never done before. When I first launched it was important to build up some kind of momentum and so links back were important. The link is only at the bottom of wordpress pages, and you're welcome to restyle it to suit whatever theme you're using.

http://xenforo.com/purchase/ - same deal there, no?

I do appreciate your point, but I spent quite a while considering pricing strategy and spoke to a few people about it on these forums before deciding, given it's something I've never done before. When I first launched it was important to build up some kind of momentum and so links back were important. The link is only at the bottom of wordpress pages, and you're welcome to restyle it to suit whatever theme you're using.

I respect that, being a developer myself I certainly understand you have to come up with pricing strategy's. But whereas XenForo is actually powering the entire site a visitor is browsing your addon only powers a small subsection of the sites internal workings. It'd be like linking to PSR-0 standards website because that powers some part of your code..

As I said I have nothing against crediting you or anyone that contributed to the creation of my site, I just think there's a better way of going about it.

It's up to you to determine your own pricing of course, just letting you know why I'm hesitant to purchase.

Top Bottom