XenPorta

Don't think non-customers can post in resource section.

You can PM the developer though.

Good luck getting an answer back from the Developer, I left him pm's yet he has not replied to any of them.
I honestly think you should wait for extralicense to finish up his portal mod and not to rely on XenPorta.

Can you really blame him? Jaxel provides a lot of much needed add-ons for this community and asks nothing in return. The Xenporta add-on is a classic example of a support thread full of the same questions asked over and over. I once read through the entire thing. I saw some questions asked over 10 times. I even found a few prefaced with... "I'm sorry if this has already posted but I didn't want to read through 86 pages to find my answer....".

Heck I wouldn't want to answer the same repeated questions over and over again either...I'd probably tune the support thread out completely.

Send him a donation on his site. Attach a question in your donation note - you'll get an answer, I promise you.

I get answers to things from Jaxel all the time for customizing things for my needs.. It's simple, if your question is unique, you'll get a reply. If you were lazy and like Dodgeboard said it's the same repeated question you can find the answer by searching, you will not.

You can try to import the Wordpress posts as RSS Feeds or Export als XML (? cannot remember, it is three years ago ;) )
I have done so and it worked fine.
After Import to XF you can handle these posts in XF

XenPorta itself just pulls threads from XenForo. Yes, it's possible to import from WordPress to Xenforo but the posts need to be imported to vB4 and then to Xenforo.

The Xenporta add-on is a classic example of a support thread full of the same questions asked over and over.
Yes, the thread is full of duplicated questions. But it's no wonder if half of them are unanswered. Plus when questions are scattered across such a big thread, it's hard to track them down. Plus there are also unique questions no answered. Jaxel said himself that XenPorta is unsupported because it's free. It's his good right. Nobody is entitled for support.

I believe it's better if there are dedicated forums for the biggest addons.

Yes, the thread is full of duplicated questions. But it's no wonder if half of them are unanswered. Plus when questions are scattered across such a big thread, it's hard to track them down. Plus there are also unique questions no answered. Jaxel said himself that XenPorta is unsupported because it's free. It's his good right. Nobody is entitled for support.

I believe it's better if there are dedicated forums for the biggest addons.

There was a manual somewhere for XenPorta that answered a lot of questions.

Top Bottom