1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenplaza - Number Viewing a Forum [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by X_Plaza, Sep 6, 2012.

1. X_Plaza

X_Plaza Active Member

X_Plaza submitted a new resource:

Xenplaza - Number Viewing a Forum (version 1.0.0) - How many visittors are viewing a forum ?

Read more about this resource...
  2. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

How many queries does this add ?
  3. bainisteoir

bainisteoir Member

would like to know this too?
    faeronsayn likes this.
  4. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Me too. I'm really minding the performance of the site these days.
  5. Dao Hoang Son

Dao Hoang Son Member

It will add one very fast query to get data from session activity table. Depending on the user activities, this add-on will add
    • One extra query for each member viewing a thread to determine the thread's forum id. This query is fairly fast because it uses thread_id (the primary index) to query data.
    • One extra query for each nodes to get its child nodes. This query is not very fast. It may be quite slow if you have many nodes.
    So with 100 logged in users browsing the site: 5 of them are viewing threads, your site has 10 nodes (forums, pages, categories). For each forum index request, this add-on will add 1 + 5 + 10 = 16 queries. This post is written after reading the code, I'm not confident enough to install this on my live server yet. Will update this post after getting home and install it on my local machine.

Edit: So I installed this on my local machine and forum_list query count jumped from 9 to 13 with 3 forums + no other logged in user. If I go to view a thread and refresh forum_list, the counter jumped to 14 as expected.
  6. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Looks like I'll skip it.
  7. guicoelho

guicoelho Member

Hello, loved this add-on! Could you please make a version of it that shows the members who are reading the Forum?
  8. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I've added this for now, I'd like to get the query count down though, is there a way to cache the system or have it fetch every 15 mins or so?
  9. Syndol

Syndol Guest

This person was banned for pirating XenForo add-ons.
    I don't think you are likely to receive an answer ;)
  10. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

The developer of this addon will not connect there anymore, so if I were you I won't wait after an answer to your question.
    Edit: Syndol was faster than me.
  11. Brandon Sheley

Oh that's a shame :(
  12. Syndol

Syndol Guest

A shame he was banned or that you will get no answer? :)
  13. Brandon Sheley

Well that he was banned and what he allegedly did. ;)
  14. Syndol

Syndol Guest

No 'Alleged' here.
    borbole likes this.
  15. Brandon Sheley

Either way, I've been looking for this addon for a while, it's sucks that it won't be supported.
  16. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

This had a lot of performance issues on other boards I was helping out with.
  17. Brandon Sheley

It took my home page from 18 queries to 57 :(
  18. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The site I helped out was getting close to 6k queries with this add-on.
  19. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

So basically if no one is viewing any threads then this addon will not show anything, correct?
  20. speedway

speedway Well-Known Member

CritiKiL likes this.