1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Xenmods] Advertising [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Daniel Hood, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

[XenMods] Advertising - An automated ad management system

Read more about this resource...

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Looking forward for this addon.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  3. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Very promising...
    Watched.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  4. Daniel Hood

Since you both show interest (and I assume intent to buy in the future), would you mind telling me what's stopping you right now? That way I can make sure it's on my list of stuff to add.

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  5. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to this as well, but I noticed it uses widget framework. Does it still use all xenforo ad placements or perhaps like robbo's ad manager?

I would love to start hosting the advertising on my own site instead of offsite, cause right now we use another 3rd party for advertising/stats/etc. its pretty expensive for big boards of impressions etc.

6. Daniel Hood

No it currently relies heavily on bd widget framework. I could possibly change that but I chose this method because of how dynamic it can be. You can place an ad anywhere and use conditionals to show to specific groups or on specific nodes.

intradox and surfsup like this.
  7. Daniel Hood

8. Dinh Thanh

I'm waiting to see this one:
    • Fixed rate ad slots : allow users to buy ad slots for a fixed rate ($x.xx/day).
    And Will you support Banner upload, banner/campaign approval (before make it public)?

LuvMeSumZen and resonansER like this.
  9. Daniel Hood

Yes, it's optional though, you can check an option that says "Require Approval".

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  10. Dinh Thanh

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  11. Daniel Hood

I'm pretty sure that's only used for account upgrades. I do intend on implementing more methods for payments soon though.

12. Dinh Thanh

No, that isn't true :)
    xfrocks will support you soon.

13. Daniel Hood

I posted asking him; @xfrocks if you don't mind shoot me a pm.

14. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

Daniel,

When i reduced the size of the widget on the sidebar it reduces from the right side.. can we constrict from the left side... and keep it right justified?
    ad widget.jpg

15. 3rd AnGle

Daniel.. can you also add an option to add funds to members from admincp because it is very tedious to add it manually in the database.. a lot of time we may want to add funds to user account..

16. Daniel Hood

The only problem with that is that the same template is used for every ad slot, so if I make it align right, when you add a slot to something like hook:forum_node_list (which is either above or below the node list and goes the full page width) it'll be aligned right also and may look weird.

Possibly, it wouldn't be difficult. The only thing is, the goal was to automate the entire process so why would you want to add funds manually? I do understand in your case as I don't support your payment gateway yet.

Which leads me to:

I've talked to him and he gave me some documentation so this will be added soon.

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  17. 3rd AnGle

There are cases of transaction failing, or not possible due to various other reasons and i have to allow them to continue with their campaigns.. the payment can arrive later...

in case of urgent needs... being able to add money from admincp would be great

Daniel Hood likes this.
  18. 3rd AnGle

@Daniel Hood

I need to remove this field for normal users... we can keep it for the advertisers.. can you please make this field usergroup permission based.. i dont want my normal users have to do anything with advertisement.

Thanks

ad widget.jpg

19. Daniel Hood

Yes I'll make that a permission thing for the next release. If you want turn off the template modification for the visitor panel.

3rd AnGle likes this.
  20. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Some questions:
    Is this in demo somewhere or maybe a lite version available?
    Does it auto handle responsive ads?
    Are you able to put the ads inside the 2nd post etc?