[Xenmods] Advertising [Paid] [Deleted]

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

[XenMods] Advertising - An automated ad management system

Want to automate selling ad space on your forums? This add on is for you. You can position an ad slot anywhere thanks to being powered by bd Widget Framework. Currently only CPM bidding is supported but I do have plans for supporting fixed-rate slots where your users can buy for $x.xx per day.

Users - Adding Funds
Users add funds through paypal (more gateways are planned for the future). You can set a minimum...

Read more about this resource...

I am looking forward to this as well, but I noticed it uses widget framework. Does it still use all xenforo ad placements or perhaps like robbo's ad manager?

I would love to start hosting the advertising on my own site instead of offsite, cause right now we use another 3rd party for advertising/stats/etc. its pretty expensive for big boards of impressions etc.

I am looking forward to this as well, but I noticed it uses widget framework. Does it still use all xenforo ad placements or perhaps like robbo's ad manager?

I would love to start hosting the advertising on my own site instead of offsite, cause right now we use another 3rd party for advertising/stats/etc. its pretty expensive for big boards of impressions etc.

No it currently relies heavily on bd widget framework. I could possibly change that but I chose this method because of how dynamic it can be. You can place an ad anywhere and use conditionals to show to specific groups or on specific nodes.

I'm waiting to see this one:
  • Fixed rate ad slots : allow users to buy ad slots for a fixed rate ($x.xx/day).
And Will you support Banner upload, banner/campaign approval (before make it public)?

I'm pretty sure that's only used for account upgrades. I do intend on implementing more methods for payments soon though.

Daniel,

When i reduced the size of the widget on the sidebar it reduces from the right side.. can we constrict from the left side... and keep it right justified?
ad widget.webp

Daniel.. can you also add an option to add funds to members from admincp because it is very tedious to add it manually in the database.. a lot of time we may want to add funds to user account..

Daniel,

When i reduced the size of the widget on the sidebar it reduces from the right side.. can we constrict from the left side... and keep it right justified?
View attachment 57250

The only problem with that is that the same template is used for every ad slot, so if I make it align right, when you add a slot to something like hook:forum_node_list (which is either above or below the node list and goes the full page width) it'll be aligned right also and may look weird.

Daniel.. can you also add an option to add funds to members from admincp because it is very tedious to add it manually in the database.. a lot of time we may want to add funds to user account..

Possibly, it wouldn't be difficult. The only thing is, the goal was to automate the entire process so why would you want to add funds manually? I do understand in your case as I don't support your payment gateway yet.

Which leads me to:

Great!
And could you suppport xfrocks Paygates (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-paygates.1606/)? Then we can use more Paygates soon.

I've talked to him and he gave me some documentation so this will be added soon.

There are cases of transaction failing, or not possible due to various other reasons and i have to allow them to continue with their campaigns.. the payment can arrive later...

in case of urgent needs... being able to add money from admincp would be great

@Daniel Hood

I need to remove this field for normal users... we can keep it for the advertisers.. can you please make this field usergroup permission based.. i dont want my normal users have to do anything with advertisement.

Thanks

ad widget.webp

Some questions:
Is this in demo somewhere or maybe a lite version available?
Does it auto handle responsive ads?
Are you able to put the ads inside the 2nd post etc?

Top Bottom