XenForo's performance still wows.

Carlos

So, I'm sitting at home trying to gather all my business plan statistics... I looked at my server stats. I looked at the CODForums stats for the whole year and the first thing I thought was "What the #@^&?"

Why? Well, let's look at the difference in performance..

CODForumsServSt.webp

When I bought the site earlier this year, it was on vB3, with a bunch of mods. In feb or march, I upgraded to vB4. That's not the surprise, though.

When I transferred the site to xenForo, the server is barely even hit. It's not even pushing limits. Even though that the site grew enormously. By the end of the year, the traffic exploded, yet the server isn't faltering with xenforo.

Pageviews, passthrough, the amount of kbytes read from server are all at rock bottom. While the monthly visits are skyrocketing. Now let's compare this with wordpress, which is where MW3Blog comes in:

MW3BlogServSt.webp

You see the difference? MW3Blog is using an old skin, and yet it's pushing the server's passthrough numbers.

MVC3Forum is telling a similar story, and it's on xenForo:

MVC3ForumServSt.webp

I think what contributed to the high memory usage for MVC3Forum is that I have 2 images that take up the majority of the space.

I see in January you experienced obliterating traffic. It died down significantly after that? Nethertheless, XenForo performance is still astounding.

Last week of December and first week of January are always the two worst weeks for any site that isn't Christmas related.

Also, I think you are looking at January 2011. :)

Last week of December and first week of January are always the two worst weeks for any site that isn't Christmas related.
CODForums didn't suffer any traffic drop the slightest, not even during the last week of December. In fact, MW3Blog got a bump of traffic towards the end of the month.
Also, I think you are looking at January 2011. :)
Not sure what you mean?
I see in January you experienced obliterating traffic. It died down significantly after that? Nethertheless, XenForo performance is still astounding.
In Jan 2011, I completed the acquisition. It was still on vB3, the traffic was still maintaining the same numbers as the year prior. It was in Feb when the files were moved into my server, so that's where the drop started - because I upgraded to stupid vB4. :mad:

However, last month (December 2011), the traffic went through the roof. And xenforo is barely even bit.

Top Bottom