1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo's Email Users functionality

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by MsJacquiiC, Sep 6, 2012.

1. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

hmmm - hope this is the correct section to post such a testimonial...

So - I'm in the progress of completing a XF to vB migration. It's been an interesting experience to say the least. Mostly an all-positive experience.

So... My community is quite small, with some 1200 members... On my vB forum - sending mail would crash my VPS - so I HAD to install PaulM's Cron Based Mail Queue modification in order to send mail via the vB AdminCP.

I've just made use of the XenForo's "Email Users" functionality. And I must say that these emails went out in about a minute. My server load remained below 1 during the entire sending!

I'm not at all a server Admin - so I probably am not expressing myself as well as some of you IT folks LOL - But I just wanted to start this thread and say SMOOCHES XENFORO! [​IMG] I think I as well as my members are going to love this migration! I hope so anyway :D
    ArnyVee likes this.