1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by LPH, Dec 17, 2014.

1. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

I have a class XenWordXFStats. Within the class is the following global and variable:

global $XF
    The above works because I copied the getBoardTotalsCounter method from the XenForo_Model_Counters into the XenWord class file which is where the $XF comes from ....

Anyway ... I'm wanting to remove the global $XF, and copied XenForo_Model_Counters code and simply call the XenForo code directly. So, I stripped out the getBoardTotalsCounter from the XenWord class file and called it as below.

This returns an error --
    Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenWordXFStats::getModelFromCache()
    I'm confused by this error. The getModelFromCache is not in XenWordXFStats (thus the error). Searching /library/XenForo there is getModelFromCache($class). So, I'm thinking that the $class is why it tries to call XenWordXFStats.

How do I get around this ?
  2. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Duh .. almost there . but interfering with XenReviews.

$XFusersModel XenForo_Model::create'XenForo_Model_Counters' );
    $total_users $XFusersModel->getBoardTotalsCounter();
    Disable XenReviews then this works. So, I must have duplicated other XenForo code in my XenWord class somewhere.

Update: cleaner but still redeclare error with XenReviews

$total_usersXenForo_Model::create'XenForo_Model_Counters' )->getBoardTotalsCounter();
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  3. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

I can tell what's the error if I can look into XenReview's code...

P.S. your code is perfectly okay, so this is something to do with XenReviews...
  4. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

You were calling a non-static method statically ;)
    LPH likes this.
  5. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_XenReviews_XenForo_Model_Counters - /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/community/library/XenForo/Application.php(520) : eval()'d code:1
    Generated By: LPH, A moment ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}
    Request State
    array (size=3)
      'url' => string 'http://lph/' (length=11)
      '_GET' =>
        array (size=0)
      '_POST' =>
        array (size=0)
    Actually, I ran into this error before and it was my code in my XenWord class duplicated with XenReviews. But I don't see duplication this time.
  6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Do a debug and check the files that are being included... XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() caches the proxy classes so see where else the proxy class 'XenReviews_Model_Counters' is being called before your script calls the model...
  7. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Thank you for the idea. I started a thread few weeks ago on using debug in phpstorm to trace errors and to understand XenForo. I'm not sure how to use debug in this fashion - I usually just look at the error :eek:

I'll fuss with it today and see if I can understand.
  8. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

9. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Thank you. Tried and failed; The WordPress page loaded without any information. So - it's back to reading about debug for me :)

I appreciate the help.