1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 xenforo_copyright

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Floren, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have a license with branding removed so the phrase xenforo_copyright is empty for me.
    Can anyone post the the contents of their xenforo_copyright and extra_copyright? I'm interested to see how XF handles the year part.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

It's completely static.

Code:
    <a href="http://xenforo.com" class="concealed">Forum software by XenForo&trade; <span>&copy;2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.</span></a>

3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

They change the year part upon a release within the new year.

4. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. In case others need it, this is what I use for a dynamic year on my non-branding forum:
    Code:
    <phrase title="extra_copyright" version_id="1030033" version_string="1.3.0 Beta 3"><![CDATA[Axivo Inc. <span>&copy; 2009-{year}</span>]]></phrase>
    And in footer template:
    Code:
    {xen:phrase extra_copyright, 'year={xen:date $serverTime, Y}'}

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  5. CarlosMST

CarlosMST Member

@Floren you are the best! I always wanted to do that, because Wordpress CMS had that function, but never dared to ask here in XenForo :oops:

6. CarlosMST

CarlosMST Member

:) :) :)

7. CarlosMST

CarlosMST Member

Since XenForo 1.3, the copyright phrase cannot be modified, because is a function inserted into a php file of XenForo, not like a phrase.
    The xenforo_copyright phrase currently does not have any functionality, I not understand why not deleted it of the system.
    The @Floren trick is useful for the extra_copyright phrase,
    only replace:
    Code:
    {xen:phrase extra_copyright}
    for:
    Code:
    {xen:phrase extra_copyright, 'year={xen:date $serverTime, Y}'}
    in footer template, and then it will be possible to add the year dynamically by adding {year} in extra_copyright phrase.

8. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

That use {xen:helper copyright} now for show the copyright.

9. CarlosMST

CarlosMST Member

Thanks!

10. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand... is this related to an easier way to display the year dynamically or my method is still OK? Thanks. :)

11. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Your method is correct.

Floren likes this.