XF 1.2 XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper error message

RobParker

We're getting this error message appear when trying to access the last page of one particular thread:

Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/sites/xxxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.10,L.1,thread_view.php on line 1356

Any ideas?

This is version 1.2.2

It's quite possibly an add-on, though unfortunately the actual message is being hidden. (I've made a change for 1.3.1 to catch the error more gracefully, but that doesn't help unless you upgrade.)

We don't really want to upgrade until we've had time to make sure the style, etc is how we want it.

It looks like it was the Custom BBCode Manager addon. I disabled it and it let me access the thread where I removed one post where a user had posted some incorrect bbcode. That seems to have fixed it.

I don't see it. To me, it just implied that he has fixed something in version 1.3.1. It didn't imply that it was already available.

'but that doesn't help unless you upgrade'

To me, that means you could upgrade, and for that to be possible it would have to have been released. Must just be me...

Still doesn't imply it is released. It's a statement of fact. Rob is on 1.2.x. A fix is in 1.3.1. The fix isn't going to help unless he upgrades. That is true.

But let's forget about it because 1.3.1 has just been released :D

Top Bottom