Xenforo

Yes, it's worth the money. One of the main reasons is that it's far more secure than vBulletin.

Also have 3 licences here - definitely worth the money. You're not just paying for quality software, you're getting exceptional support from the staff and the community as well.

is it worth 140 dollars.
please put your review of xenforo below.
Well worth it. The software works as described, the developers participate in the forums actively, there is a great add-on group, and the user community is outstanding in providing assistance to others.

Put it like this.. I own three vB4 licenses none are in use... Last year i bought a new domain with the intention of building the site on one of my spare vB licenses.. I got as far as installing the software but after that i just couldn't get motivated to build more than a little tweaking here and there.. I think i made custom skin and created a couple categories..

The idea was never to build and run a site on vB software, but i didn't have an extra XF license so the plan was to build the site on vB and import to XF someday when i was able to get a second XF license. Well in that year i never had a site worthy of launching so it spent that year closed as i slooooowly built it up..

I eventually purchased a second XF license and since i never got enough done in the past year on my incomplete vB forum to even bother with an import so i started from scratch.

That was a cpl months ago and i haven't looked back one time since then.. The site is scheduled to officially launch on June 1st and was built in only a cpl short months..

And as far as premium forum software goes is anyone cheaper? i know vB is at least double..

Definitely worth the money. What drew me to Xenforo was how it featured "modern" such as "like" and social media integration. I used VB for years and it was good at the time, but Xenforo brought everything back to basics and added some really good features to it. It's easy to customize and the support is great. Any time I've had an issue, support handled it quickly for me.

Put it like this.. I own three vB4 licenses none are in use... Last year i bought a new domain with the intention of building the site on one of my spare vB licenses.. I got as far as installing the software but after that i just couldn't get motivated to build more than a little tweaking here and there.. I think i made custom skin and created a couple categories..
I have the same story, except a few things.

Back then, I owned 4 vBulletin licenses; 1 was back in 2006/7, 2 were in 2010/2011, and then the last one came with the acquisition of CODForums. The first one was a test with vB3 on my first site, 2 were supposed to be niche Modern Warfare 2/3 sites, and then when I acquired CODForums - I intended to blow the site up to a level where I could grab over 15k members or something like that. But vB4 didn't do that. In fact, it killed my site beyond anything I thought possible. My heart sank because I spent $1,101 on the package deal alone. I was sad, dis-satisfied, and I was worried about the future of CODForums at the time. So, I had to fight with vBulletin staff one day and I got my refund. I bought xenForo licenses that day and I did not hesitate to transfer CODForums over to xenForo. I found out soon enough that it was the best decision I ever made. I now own 6 licenses and am looking to gobble up more. :D

To learn a bit more about CODForums' growth story: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/codforums-experiencing-growth.19188/

Top Bottom