XenForo + Wordpress?

Sally Duong

Hi there,

I run a classifieds theme on wordpress. Users sign up and then use their accounts to post ad listings.

I want to install a forum on my site that can use the same user database as wordpress. I searched on Google and found a XenForo+Wordpress bridge but that's not going to work with my theme.

I need it so that my Wordpress theme does ALL of the registration and logging in.

Is this possible right now?

Thank you. I'd buy XenForo right now if it allowed wordpress to handle the login/registration.

I know many people who are searching for this feature. Vbulletin, IPBoard, etc, no forums support this feature. All of the other forum bridges require registration done through forum which could break many of the Wordpress theme functions.

I think XenForo needs to realize that people no longer use forums as their main feature on the site. They use it as a secondary feature after the homepage which is why it's important to allow the CMS to handle login/registration.

This option would also allow over 23,000 wordpress membership sites who use Wishlist Member at http://member.wishlistproducts.com/ to run Xenforo as a forum add-on to their site. Right now, there is NO forum option for Wordpress and the market is very hungry for a product/bridge that unites the two. I would be willing to pay for a plugin that does this seamlessly and many THOUSANDS of other Wordpress site users would as well. This feature alone in Xenforo would have a HUGE impact on sales for Xenforo.

Also people who run membership sites charge users to access their content, audio, video, training materials etc. and earn an income from running a community. The point is, these membership site owners have money are willing to pay for such a plugin.

The amount of value such an integration would bring is enormous. I would think a price point of $40 to $50 for a seamless Wordpress to Xenforo plugin would easily sell a few thousand units. Could probably go as high as $100 and I know people who would still pay for it.

You could even partner with membership site software providers like: Wishlist Member, Membergate, Digital Access Pass (DAP), Memberwing, Amember, etc. All of these (except Membergate) are Wordpress based membership site scripts. None offer a forum solution. Only Digital Access Pass and Amember sync with Vbulletin and that's something new in the industry.

Now, I don't have any coding skills but I see a good opportunity here. If any developers want to discuss things further, send me a private message and I can help provide some direction. I have a marketing background, many contacts in the paid-content arena and know the industry.

This option would also allow over 23,000 wordpress membership sites who use Wishlist Member at http://member.wishlistproducts.com/ to run Xenforo as a forum add-on to their site. Right now, there is NO forum option for Wordpress and the market is very hungry for a product/bridge that unites the two. I would be willing to pay for a plugin that does this seamlessly and many THOUSANDS of other Wordpress site users would as well. This feature alone in Xenforo would have a HUGE impact on sales for Xenforo.
Agreed. I've searched for months for a forum that can integrate with Wordpress.

Vbulletin is dumb. They spent so much money developing their own blog and CMS. Why would you do that when you can just make a bridge that connects to WordPress? WordPress is so much better than the Vbulletin CMS in too many ways. It's an wasted effort to make their own CMS because there will be very little support/plugins for it.

Come on XenForo. Wake up and save us all! Get thousands more customers by making an official WordPress bridge. I'm not kidding with the thousands. I will be the first in line to buy XenForo.

I know many many many web admins who are dieing for an easy integration with WordPress.

I have requested here an advanced bridge, and sended requests to xen dev for this...waiting for a reponse. I think that if Xenforo devs buildes a official commercial bridge will be a genius move. I think that the customers are glad to pay for a good bridge that he are disponible to pay for a XF CMS...CMS like vbcms, ip.content, are very limited and outdated. WP is by far superior, not only for core features, but for the huge community and thounsands of plugins, themes, shortcodes, tutorials...now i have 2 themes with woothemes and elegantthemes. This themes has a framework, i have dozens of very useful shortcodes...i can customize anything visual on 2 minutes. Imagine to do this with vbcms or ip.content...very very difficult.

Top Bottom