xenForo vBulletin style .... someone is using the name and style released on vB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think using the XF logo is forbidden as it is copyrighted. I've reported the release at .org...let's see if the staff there do something about it.

I think using the XF logo is forbidden as it is copyrighted. I've reported the release at .org...let's see if the staff there do something about it.
Your comment seems abit harsh (the last part) "Not surprising considering the country you're from." its like saying all Turkish bend the law :) imo anyway

Your comment seems abit harsh (the last part) "Not surprising considering the country you're from." its like saying all Turkish bend the law :) imo anyway
Hardly...spend some time in my shoes over the years and tell me who some of the biggest thieves are. Along with the Russians and the Vietnamese. None the less, it was kind of tasteless to say so I have edited that part out of my reply and apologize to anyone here I offended.

Hardly...spend some time in my shoes over the years and tell me who the biggest thieves are.
Well I can only speak in "my shoes" and the biggest thieves I know is vbulletin and you don't see me saying stuff like that! oh wait a sec!

Anyway fun out the way it's just the way it looked to me :)

Have to say, I think it might be useful for those of us who are planning to port over to xenforo, but want to make the change as smooth as possible for our users? I'm tempted to install on my existing vB4 to get my users used to it before I port over.

At first glance that looks like a nice copy, but when you look closer you can see some cracks which are inherent to the vB4 design and then you realise it's just cosmetic - just smoke and mirrors.

If you want a forum that looks and acts like XenForo, buy XenForo!!

I suppose it could be forbidden as its stealing the identity of XenForo's forums and using the XenForo logo, but It's not really worth pursuing except for the logo... IMO anyway.

At first glance, I wouldn't mind using it.
That would make my transition from vB to XF easier on my members.

Hardly...spend some time in my shoes over the years and tell me who some of the biggest thieves are. Along with the Russians and the Vietnamese. None the less, it was kind of tasteless to say so I have edited that part out of my reply and apologize to anyone here I offended.

It's strange how you thought it was tasteless and edited your post about Turkish people, but then go on to offend the Russian and Vietnamese people :confused:

It's strange how you thought it was tasteless and edited your post about Turkish people, but then go on to offend the Russian and Vietnamese people :confused:
Yeah, well I get mighty offended myself after years of having my work and money stolen by the same groups of people over and over. You know what they say about bad apples and the whole barrel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom