xenForo vBulletin style .... someone is using the name and style released on vB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno...if anything, I would be peeved about the XenForo name being associated with that...because I really think it's a bad representation of what XenForo looks like.

What was the topic again?? Oh yeah, the XF theme being ripped off, and released on vB. o_O

You would think that but it's been alerted, the staff know about it they should be the ones moving on to do something but this thread will only go downhill, members probably being insulted and essentially it'll turn into a vbulletin bashing thread. :thumbsup:

I have to say... John seriously got owned!!!
I almost don't know where to start with a response to that last bit. Please believe me I don't care that XenForo and will do not care. Because I already know about that before your posting! You make me bored! Stuff to do if you're bored! Whatever, now please tell me who are you, may I ask? Who are you? Yeh? who are you, may I ask? You're the lawyer of xenforo? That's not your business, allright? Why continuous you said "educate yourself before you open your mouth" ??? Sorry who are you?

Well, John, WHO ARE YOU DAMNIT?!

It's definitely, strange(?), to see this kind of attitude in general... ah well.

I have to say... John seriously got owned!!!

Well, John, WHO ARE YOU DAMNIT?!
It's definitely, strange(?), to see this kind of attitude in general... ah well.

I disagree with that person. Who are you? He's a member and customer of XenForo darnit, and that makes stealing the company's property our business.

Not really. Much like John & Peggy, back when I used to sell vB styles many moons ago there were a handful of countries that accounted for nearly 99% of the fraudulent transactions and/or pirating. When confronted they would more often than not take a defensive position and go on the attack because they knew that there was almost nothing that could be done about the situation. Sad & frustrating at the same time which lead to a lot of add-on makers I know to either just accept that their work will be pirated/stolen or to give-up and stop making publicly available releases.

In regards to the vB.org thread, I would put money on the outcome being that nothing is done unless any of the principals from XF report the thread.

No no I wasn't referring to the attitude of the people here, just the attitude of the guy who posted that post on vBorg.

I checked this style out as soon as he posted it because it looked like a definite rip. He IS using graphics from XenForo.com and I have the original download from when he first posted it.

category-23px-light.png

He is using that image for the forumhead and other areas. Also the style is full of crap he has obviously put in there on purpose.

A lot of Americans were... back in 2000... those dang American Christians in Florida stole an entire presidential election! ;)
And thank goodness for them otherwise we would have ended up with Mr. Internet himself as president ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom