xenForo vBulletin style .... someone is using the name and style released on vB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a Turkish customer of John when he owned transverstyles.com. I bought three skins, recommended him to my Turkish friends, they bought a few skins too. But I really regret this at the moment.

"Not surprising considering the country you're from..."

What you are doing here is something just as nasty as theft.

I was a Turkish customer of John when he owned transverstyles.com. I bought three skins, recommended him to my Turkish friends, they bought a few skins too. But I really regret this at the moment.

What you are doing here is something just as nasty as theft.
John has apologized and edited the post.

I hope Kier sees this. That designer has stolen a copyrighted design and logo, and released it free at vB.
It'll be interesting to see if they allow the same crap that they've accused Kier and XF of doing.

I hope Kier sees this. That designer has stolen a copyrighted design and logo, and released it free at vB.
It'll be interesting to see if they allow the same crap that they've accused Kier and XF of doing.
Yea.. im interested to see where this is headed.
But I gotta agree thats a good port.. although its illegal.

I was a Turkish customer of John when he owned transverstyles.com. I bought three skins, recommended him to my Turkish friends, they bought a few skins too. But I really regret this at the moment. What you are doing here is something just as nasty as theft.
I have apologized and edited my post. I spoke in haste and recognize and regret the hurtfulness in my comments. In the past two months I have had purchases made using stolen Paypal accounts that were charged back to me along with a fine from Paypal each time adding insult to injury. The 3 stolen accounts were one each from Turkey, Russia and Vietnam...the most recent was the one from Turkey and I found out about it this morning. My attitude is not the best right now because of that. Unfortunately I will have to resort back to banning any and all sales from those countries.

@Brogan - I can't say that I have ever been robbed by an American Christian...have you?

/end rant

Well one could say it's to be expected from an American/Christian...

See what I did there?

I was actually extremely offended at your insult towards all Turks.

When you're in the design business, such as John is and I was, you find that most of your work is, in fact, stolen and re-distributed, by the vietnamese, Turkish, and Russians.
Certainly other people are just as guilty, and this is not an intent to offend anyone, any race, any country, or any culture. However, it is the simple truth.
Do I think that all vietnamese, turkish and russian people are guilty? Of course not.

I have apologized and edited my post. I spoke in haste and recognize and regret the hurtfulness in my comments. In the past two months I have had purchases made using stolen Paypal accounts that were charged back to me along with a fine from Paypal each time adding insult to injury. The 3 stolen accounts were one each from Turkey, Russia and Vietnam...the most recent was the one from Turkey and I found out about it this morning. My attitude is not the best right now because of that. Unfortunately I will have to resort back to banning any and all sales from those countries. /end rant

I am sure you are right. You also have every right to ban any country. No offence for that. That's your business and you have to protect it. No problems. But that's all you should do. A thief is an already shameless person. Such statements are useless for them, it won't hurt them. The only thing that statement does is to hurt honest people from those countries, and nothing more. Thank you for your apologies.

Not going to lie, I see most of the Vietnamese and Russians being involved in Warez distribution so I can see John's frustration, but at the same time it doesn't make all the Russians and Vietnamese people bad so its Johns fault for saying that and he apologized for it. Just sharing my honest fair opinion.

John is a good guy, what he said was said in anger and haste. I don't agree with what he said but I'm not going to lynch him for rash words said in anger. We've all done it at one time or another, said things that we don't mean in anger. He's apologized and explained himself, and I think you guys should move on from this before this thread is sent the way of the fire.

John is a good guy, what he said was said in anger and haste. I don't agree with what he said but I'm not going to lynch him for rash words said in anger. We've all done it at one time or another, said things that we don't mean in anger. He's apologized and explained himself, and I think you guys should move on from this before this thread is sent the way of the fire.
Yea hes a nice guy, he has helped me countless times. We are human so this is normal, and should be forgotten. Everyone makes mistakes.

Countersue! Burn 'em!
I'd say just let it go after all we are not IB right? And if you think about it its actually helping XenForo, and im sure many people will use it. And maybe later on they might buy an actual XenForo license for wanting the real thing.

Most of them will not know what XenForo is, as theme creator has written, he doesn't care for XenForo.

I'd say just let it go after all we are not IB right? And if you think about it its actually helping XenForo, and im sure many people will use it. And maybe later on they might buy an actual XenForo license for wanting the real thing.

I was joking Kaiser. Lighten up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom