xenForo v vBulletin Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
*whew* So glad I could be judged by someone who didn't know me! Now my day is complete.

Let me also say something that is opinion and I'll disguise it as fact:

"This wasn't funny. Anyone who liked it must be the type of person who likes Pauly Shore movies and Carrot Top."

That was fun!!
Expect to be judged, it's in human nature. And "In the Army Now" was a good movie. Can't say so much for Carrot Top.

Expect to be judged, it's in human nature. And "In the Army Now" was a good movie. Can't say so much for Carrot Top.

I actually like some Pauly movies (like "Son In Law" and "Encino Man") but was basically proving the point that humor is totally subjective. See, I tend to dislike these types of animations that are one-sided and are attempting to pass themselves off as a serious debate/information dump. But the least they could have done was make it funny.

I actually like some Pauly movies (like "Son In Law" and "Encino Man") but was basically proving the point that humor is totally subjective. See, I tend to dislike these types of animations that are one-sided and are attempting to pass themselves off as a serious debate/information dump. But the least they could have done was make it funny.
I liked both of those movies, as well. I guess I really didn't mean for my comment to come of as it did. I don't think the author intended to pass it off as a serious debate/information dump, either. It was just poking fun at the current situation. I was able to find humor in that. I was also getting a kick out of the British accent and how it pronounced Kier's last name.

I liked both of those movies, as well. I guess I really didn't mean for my comment to come of as it did. I don't think the author intended to pass it off as a serious debate/information dump, either. It was just poking fun at the current situation. I was able to find humor in that. I was also getting a kick out of the British accent and how it pronounced Kier's last name.

Now that I can get behind. I still think it made XF sound like *****, though. Which we all knew they are not.

Now that I can get behind. I still think it made XF sound like *****, though. Which we all knew they are not.
I viewed it as taking stabs at everyone, albeit, not equally. I DO think it was a bit biased against XF...I believe the author has some issues with how things are done around here, but I could be wrong.

I was positively surprised that it wasn't pure IB bashing yet again. Could locate funny.

As long as a few people found it funny, my work is complete. Humour, from my experience, seems to be based on culture and location in the world. It doesn't surprise me that some people don't understand it at all, and others find it slightly or indeed more than slightly amusing. Such is life.

If you want to view this as another xenforo v vBulletin thread, fine, please do. For me, the points in the video were so ridiculous I just don't view it or see it that way, I view it as a time-appropriate animation that managed to put a smile on my face :)

As long as a few people found it funny, my work is complete. Humour, from my experience, seems to be based on culture and location in the world. It doesn't surprise me that some people don't understand it at all, and others find it slightly or indeed more than slightly amusing. Such is life.

If you want to view this as another xenforo v vBulletin thread, fine, please do. For me, the points in the video were so ridiculous I just don't view it or see it that way, I view it as a time-appropriate animation that managed to put a smile on my face :)

See, but I didn't get what the animation was about. Was it bashing XF? vB? Was it an existential treatise on the duality of the human psyche with underlying tones of pathos and ennui?

Or was it just a cartoon?

Most likely because this has been posted at least twice already, both in their own topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.