xenforo.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
whatever, their trademark is not protected for the country of Turkey.
I guess you understand what this means ?

whatever, their trademark is not protected for the country of Turkey.
I guess you understand what this means ?
Yes. It means that the trademark in that region can't be enforced at the moment.

But once registered, he can enforce it and pursue damages.

not sure if you have any clue about trademark laws ?
From my experience, there is no legal chance to recover this specific domain.

Under English law you cannot be sued for unregistered trade mark, but can be for passing out.

You can have all the laws you want, but that doesn't mean you don't have to apply common sense or morals.

Doing it on purpose to cash in, that's just a douche action.

I'll explain it for everyone:

Other countries hate us. Big bad Americans trying to tell them what they can do. They no like Americans, so they pirate and copy things and do all sorts of fun non-American activities.

Other countries hate us. Big bad Americans trying to tell them what they can do. They no like Americans, so they pirate and copy things and do all sorts of fun non-American activities.

XF is not "American".
There are a lot great things which are actually not "American" ;)

Er... XenForo is based in the UK.

Discussion of trademarks can happen in another thread, but I think the specifics of this one have been covered and the person involved hasn't been active in it for a while. Moving on... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom