XenForo to XenForo importer

mrGTB

I read somebody touch on this the other day here, can't find the thread now but think it was Brandon Shelley who mentioned it. They mentioned there's no option to import/export stuff from one XenForo site to another XenForo site. When I used "WordPress" before it had this kind of similar option, you could create "articles, set-up tags, add categories" and so on with a localhost site for example, then import it all later into a live site on the web easy.

Any thoughts about this?

It would eventually be a good idea to be able to export and import certain parts like styles, etc....

But this could get very complicated.....with stuff that makes a lot of changes to the core DB....

It's probably a matter of priorities. Mobile skin, member management and a few others things are hopefully higher on the list...

So this looks like iam having to do all my move the hard way :( or start again which i realy dont want do

Ok i would like to move hosts . Iam keeping the domain name the same do i just do a sql dump and import into a new data base and copy files too the new host?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.php file with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_datadirectories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Manual for more details.

Top Bottom