XenForo to vB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've moved this from Bigger Suggestions to Off Topic.

For importers to other software you will need to ask on their forums, as stated above.

You also don't seem to have associated your forum account with a customer account, which means you won't have full access to the customer forums here.

i think it would be funny if k&m released a xf>vb exporter ;)
kind of in the same vein as running customer feedback and pre-sales from the same forum, yes?
Haha... that could be interpreted as very cocky or providing customer satisfaction.

As stated (many times), one doesn't exist yet but you can guarantee one will be made soon... right around the time they start focusing on their own software rather than their pending litigations ;)

Alternatively, you could just try to reverse engineer the vB -> xF importer (though it's really not that simple).

I try XenForo, but its very basic for my community, somebody know how to import my XenForo database to vB 3.8 ?

Xenforo is still in beta buddy. vb has reached where it is after so many years of work from the same devs here. I am sure in a year or two you might consider coming back here. :D

Absence of essential add-ons [gallery, albums, downloads, etc] makes XenForo basic for COMMUNITY building.

Once XF is considered to have reached a "1.0" release, I'm sure someone on the vB dev team will create a converter.

I find it funny that everyone is wanting soo much out of a forum that is just over 6 months old with two people working on it.

Although, a bigger question would be, why did you completely move your entire forum over to XenForo without trying it first? I didn't move mine over until BETA 4 was released due to the compatibility and unfamiliarity of it. I got to know the software first before I considered moving it (although it was planned all along; just wasn't sure if it was prior to GOLD or not).

If you were going to migrate away from XF because it lacks community features that you need, then I'd *strongly* suggest you look at IPB instead. IPB is a very good system, far more effective and better integrated than vB. And they have hugely better support than vB does now. :)

:: tosses two shiny coins in hat ::

Given the original poster is not a customer here, I find this whole story to be unlikely more likely is he is a misguided vB fanboi just here trolling.

If his story is true then he is an idiot to have converted a forum from one software package to an ILLEGAL version of another, without doing any obvious research as to whether it will suit his requirements, and now after being such an idiot wants someone else to help him fix it, so has come to the very place he stole from and asked for help.

Nahhh... the first scenario is much more likely.

Given the original poster is not a customer here, I find this whole story to be unlikely more likely is he is a misguided vB fanboi just here trolling.

If his story is true then he is an idiot to have converted a forum from one software package to an ILLEGAL version of another, without doing any obvious research as to whether it will suit his requirements, and now after being such an idiot wants someone else to help him fix it, so has come to the very place he stole from and asked for help.

Nahhh... the first scenario is much more likely.

Umm...stupid question, but how do you know he is or is not a customer?

If his story is true then he is an idiot to have converted a forum from one software package to an ILLEGAL version of another,....
The fact that he isn't a customer here doesn't automatically mean he uses an illegal version. I am pretty sure there are cases when xF customers lend their copies to others to be used for different reasons.

P.S. What's up with name calling?
confused.png

The fact that he isn't a customer here doesn't automatically mean he uses an illegal version. I am pretty sure there are cases when xF customers lend their copies to others to be used for different reasons.

P.S. What's up with name calling? :confused:

Lending/ sharing/giving copies to others is expressly forbidden under the EULA - hence if he is using a copy that he "borrowed" from someone else, that he converted his live site to, he is using an illegal copy.

Name calling? What "idiot"? Anyone who does what this guy preports to have done * is* an idiot, sorry if that somehow offends you... what's up with you having a problem with me having an opinion about someone else?

Brogan said earlier
I've moved this from Bigger Suggestions to Off Topic.

You also don't seem to have associated your forum account with a customer account, which means you won't have full access to the customer forums here.

...... which might be an oversight, but I doubt it... if it is my sincere apologies to the OP for the Illegal comment.. but you're still an idiot to have converted your live site without thoroughly investigating what you were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom