XenForo to vB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious here.

If the OP has access to an instance of xenforo (legitimate) then wouldn't he/she have access to their and/or have their account added to the customer e-mail which begs the question why isn't this thread in the support areas? Or created in the customer support areas.

Just saying, support related issues do tend to go into support related areas.

Lending/ sharing/giving copies to others is expressly forbidden under the EULA - hence if he is using a copy that he "borrowed" from someone else, that he converted his live site to, he is using an illegal copy.
Not sure if lending makes a legit copy illegal. Can somebody clarify it?

Name calling? What "idiot"? Anyone who does what this guy preports to have done * is* an idiot, sorry if that somehow offends you... what's up with you having a problem with me having an opinion about someone else?
People should be able to come here and express themselves in a civil manner without being insulted on a personal level. Having an opinion doesn't give you a right to degrade users.

I think xenforo should make a xenforo to vB3 converter because the fear would be vBulletin only makes a xenforo to vB4 converter and .... well ..... vBulletin 4 can cause depression with suicidal tendencies. I don't think the good people here at xenforo want blood on their kind hands.
a xenforo to vB3 converter likely saves lives !
/IMO

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

3. Restrictions

This license is granted to You alone. You may not redistribute the Software in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of XenForo Limited.

Just curious here.

If the OP has access to an instance of xenforo (legitimate) then wouldn't he/she have access to their and/or have their account added to the customer e-mail which begs the question why isn't this thread in the support areas? Or created in the customer support areas.

Just saying, support related issues do tend to go into support related areas.
Because it was in the Pre-sales and suggestions forum. The suggestion was to make a xf->vb importer.

Since that was not considered an appropriate suggestions for xf, it was moved to the off topic... Though I am having trouble understanding what purpose it serves...

People should be able to come here and express themselves in a civil manner without being insulted on a personal level. Having an opinion doesn't give you a right to degrade users.

Oh my goodness.... perhaps in the land of Blue people that you live in, calling someone who does something foolish an idiot might be degrading, but here in the real world it is considered pretty tame ;)

You yourself posted up a video at me that was called "you're a bi*ch" ;) Did I make a fuss about it.. No I didn't.

I will thank you not to impose your values on me, if I have offended the mods, or the site, or indeed the OP, they have a right to pull me up for it.. but you don't.

While agreeing with this I personally take exception to someone with a pirated copy of the software running it down on an open forum. Personally I think the guy is a complete idiot for converting his community without first paying for the software and checking it meet his requirements. Did you loan him the software? Are you in the habit of running software you received on a "loan" basis? Are you a member of an organised crime ring? Do you listen to Justin Bieber?

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

3. Restrictions

This license is granted to You alone. You may not redistribute the Software in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of XenForo Limited.
HM, but this means, that nobody is allowed to release any add-on, which contains original code!?:D
This makes the whole thing very complicated...
I had the same problem with vB, where i asked per support ticket, if i may release my add-on^^

for example i've copied a whole method from xf and only changed the template variable:

PHP:
class Ragtek_Suggestions_ControllerPublic_Vote extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract{

public function actionIndex(){

$postId = $this->_input->filterSingle('post_id', XenForo_Input::UINT);

$ftpHelper = $this->getHelper('ForumThreadPost');
		list($post, $thread, $forum) = $ftpHelper->assertPostValidAndViewable($postId);

if (!$this->_getPostModel()->canLikePost($post, $thread, $forum, $errorPhraseKey))
		{
			throw $this->getErrorOrNoPermissionResponseException($errorPhraseKey);
		}

$likeModel = $this->_getLikeModel();

$existingLike = $likeModel->getContentLikeByLikeUser('post', $postId, XenForo_Visitor::getUserId());

if ($this->_request->isPost())
		{
			if ($existingLike)
			{
				$latestUsers = $likeModel->unlikeContent($existingLike);
			}
			else
			{
				$latestUsers = $likeModel->likeContent('post', $postId, $post['user_id']);
			}

$liked = ($existingLike ? false : true);

if ($this->_noRedirect() && $latestUsers !== false)
			{
				$post['likeUsers'] = $latestUsers;
				$post['likes'] += ($liked ? 1 : -1);
				$post['like_date'] = ($liked ? XenForo_Application::$time : 0);

$viewParams = array(
					'post' => $post,
					'thread' => $thread,
					'forum' => $forum,
					'liked' => $liked,
				);
			return $this->responseView('Ragtek_Suggestions_View_Like', '', $viewParams);
			}
                        else{...

So, if i release this, i could lose my licence?:P

I think this thread has probably served its purpose.

I moved it here as the OP hasn't associated their account (for whatever reason) so I was unable to move it to one of the Community Support forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom