Design issue Xenforo slow on iPhone iPod touch and iPad

Is there no statement that picks out mobile devices and disables these scripts by default on these devices?
I remember special includes in vb on certain browser versions; this would be a nice addon (?)

Is there no statement that picks out mobile devices and disables these scripts by default on these devices?
I remember special includes in vb on certain browser versions; this would be a nice addon (?)
There is, but we are not making extensive use of it at present - we currently only disable tooltips and the lightbox, but more features may be disabled if feedback suggests that they should be.

All of this stuff may be made moot by the mobile style of course.

You're talking PHP, user agent detection. It's possible, it hasn't been done here on XenForo.com yet as they don't have a mobile style, yet (I mean hell, vBulletin doesnt have one yet and that's been how many years in the making?) - I'm sure XenForo will have a mobile style soon.

I recently converted my iPhone forum to XenForo and I'm starting to get a number of complaints about the slow load times. We have an app, but a large portion of our readers want the "full internet". Their expectations are the full site (fast) or an extremely capable mobile template.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I continue to receive significant negative feedback regarding the speed of the site since moving to XenForo. I've taken all the steps possible (CDN, XF Optimize, APC, Enhancements Disabled, Removed Sharing) to no avail. This has greater impact on my site, being an iPhone forum. Given the popularity of the iPhone, iPad, I would think these issues are concerns for all XenForo customers.

Are there any steps that I haven't taken which can help reduce the issues affecting my members? Are there any plans that you can share with regards to a timetable for correcting the problem?

Seems that most of the feedback is with speed while using the iPhone/iPad, etc.

I haven't had any issue with speed using my own iPad or iPhone.

Seems that most of the feedback is with speed while using the iPhone/iPad, etc.

I haven't had any issue with speed using my own iPad or iPhone.

The user feedback is in direct comparison to vBulletin. These members have been on vB4 for the past year and half. Their complaints are directly related to the transition to XenForo. These are all senior members and those who frequent the site on a daily basis, so I trust these are very real issues for them, which makes them very real for me. It's a big problem and one that I don't currently have a solution.

The user feedback is in direct comparison to vBulletin. These members have been on vB4 for the past year and half. Their complaints are directly related to the transition to XenForo. These are all senior members and those who frequent the site on a daily basis, so I trust these are very real issues for them, which makes them very real for me. It's a big problem and one that I don't currently have a solution.
I absolutely understand that these are very real issues for them. I was in no way trying to minimize the issues.
I was simply stating that for me, there are no speed issues on my own iPad/iPhone.

After weeks of troubleshooting, I've come to the conclusion that third party templates can have an adverse affect on speeds. I ended up trying the default template with enhancements disabled, sharing options pulled.

My users are happy again. I'm knee deep in CSS changes trying to match up the style to my previous style, but that's a far better scenario than having a slow forum. Have to say, I'm surprised that templates could have such an adverse affect.

After weeks of troubleshooting, I've come to the conclusion that third party templates can have an adverse affect on speeds. I ended up trying the default template with enhancements disabled, sharing options pulled.

My users are happy again. I'm knee deep in CSS changes trying to match up the style to my previous style, but that's a far better scenario than having a slow forum. Have to say, I'm surprised that templates could have such an adverse affect.
I'm having a custom style being made for my site I'm interested in your finding on what was the problem with your 3rd party style.

I'm having a custom style being made for my site I'm interested in your finding on what was the problem with your 3rd party style.

Andy, I wish I knew. I'm going to privately reach out to the template designer and give them a heads up. Might be something simple, but it goes beyond my skill level. My plan for now is to go with a child of default template.

Top Bottom