1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 xenforo signup URL?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by billybatz9, Aug 2, 2014.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Is there no more xenforo signup url to be used? Before it use to be xenforo.com/community/login/login

Now, theres a message saying,

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

2. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Lisa likes this.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Try xenforo.com/community/login

*EDIT* Double ninja'd!

5. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

6. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

7. Chris D

It will have never worked with login/login as far as I know.

login/login is the URL which processes the login information.

You're going to make me check version 1.0 aren't you?

Yep. Since version 1.0 there has always been a check that would generate the available via POST only message:

upload_2014-8-2_22-20-23.png

What may be causing the confusion is that because the login forum has the potential to forward you to a register page, you may sometimes see the URL as login/login, but the fact remains that URL has never been accessible via a direct link. Only by submitting data via the login form.

8. erich37

The /login/login appears when you use the default "no I don't have an account" option after typing in a name or email.

But when you type the URL domain.com/login/login , then it is an Error-page.

Should be improved....

:cautious:

9. Chris D

Correct.

Submitting data using the login form POSTs that data to the login/login URL.

If on the login form you have opted to register, you are rerouted to the registration page via the login/login URL. But that URL is only valid if it has had data passed to it from the login form, hence why it gives the error.

Let's simplify this:

10. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

The login and registration process is the worst in xenforo. Probably the only major downfall with the xf that I've found in the years using it. Least intuitive part of the software imo.

We are in the process remedying the registration/login process on our site. I expect to see a lot more registrations once this system is in place.

11. erich37

agree.

The overlay-mask is nice, but I think many users just don't get it of how to register.
    It needs to be simplified somehow.

12. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Will you be releasing that as a resource?

13. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

That's up to the developer and if he wants to release and support it.