1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo signature permissions don't work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Robby, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've set the signature permissions on my board to on for links etc. but i don't work and gives always these --. Anybody has the same problem? Permissions are all to yes.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In addition to the permission to allow links, how many links have you permitted?

3. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

unlimited doesn't work, setting a number of links doesn't work...

4. Brogan

It works here and on several other forums I use.

Use the Analyze Permissions function to determine the permission values.

Disable all add-ons and test again.

Robby likes this.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Works on my forums too.

Don't forget that new signature permissions aren't retrospective - so if you set permissions to allow say only 2 links and someone already has 4 links, they will continue to have this. The only way around this is to use the Batch Update Users in the ACP to remove everyone's signatures and get them to add them again once the new signature permissions are in place.

Robby likes this.
  6. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

I have found the problem, it has something to do with the plugin sonbb Xengallery. If i disable this i can set signature links. Not sure what to do now because my community likes this plugin very much. I will ask @sonnb .

7. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

I'm new to XF. How exactly would I remove old signatures in v1.4?

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Batch update in the ACP, as stated in the post you quoted.

9. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

I'm in it but I'm not sure what to do there. I don't want to screw things up. I don't see anything on that screen that says 'signature'

Attached Files:

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You get that on the following screen after you have selected the users.

11. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

Thanks Martok. I finally realized that the previously posted screenshot is simply a retrieval criteria filter. The following screen has "Remove Signature" checkbox. I'm assuming that I simply check that and click "Update Users" button.

12. Brogan