1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenForo sexiest AdminCP

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Kaiser, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I have used many forum softwares such as vB, IPB, MyBB, phpBB, SMF. All of their ACPs are so simple and plain, and xenForo on the other hand has it real sexy... like the ACP login screen... then when you sign in there is animation, and overal it looks great. Its real easy to navigate, and dosent make things hard to find like in vB, and IPB with all those dropdowns... I <3 xenForo.

dutchbb, EQnoble, Decent60 and 4 others like this.
  2. NolF

NolF Active Member

Gets better when you realize you can theme it and change templates :O

3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i think its great how it is.
    its been my experience that trying to run non default themes in an acp is a disaster waiting to happen.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I dont see the need to customize the ACP... I always leave them as is.

5. PET

PET Member

Can someone post a screenshot with the AdminCP? I havn't seen it yet.

Thanks

6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

7. Yoruichi

Yoruichi Member

It does look sexy indeed. :)

8. John Higgins

John Higgins Member

I see, it's very nice.
    But couldn't you give me a demo account?
    I would like to try it.

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There may be an online demo in the future, but that won't be until after the Beta phase.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Here are some better screenshots for anyone curious.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. John Higgins

John Higgins Member

I don't buy anything before I can't try that.
    InvisionPowerBoard with IP Content and IP Blog is good.
    My favourite was the vBulletin, but I read some information about vB, and now I wouldn't like to use that because of the company and the bugs.
    Will you make CMS and Blog software later?
    It's very inportant for me.

12. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Lets get on topic here guys, nothing to do with CMS in this thread.

14. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

It's about helping others!

15. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

First you claim that all non-XenForo ACP are too simple and plain, then you claim that vB and IPB are too hard to navigate due to their complexity? Sounds to me like a contradiction.

To be honest, I have no issues managing the ACP of various board software. They're all different, yet a lot of things are similar. I can easily manage a vB, IPB and XenForo setup. And I imagine most people could, too.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

When I mean simple and plain I mean they are not sexy, the layout is not hot like XenForo's. I have no issues as well, I just dont like the system of vBulletins ACP, I never once said its hard for me to use. This thread is about xenForo's sexiness, dont need to reply if you have something else to say.

17. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

My issue with the AdminCP is the fact that I have a 1920x1080 monitor and the style is restricted to a small center area. I would prefer the AdminCP if it was dynamic width... so I can have larger text boxes while editing templates.

steven s likes this.
  18. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Why does an ACP need to be "sexy?" Why does it need to have a "hot," flashy layout? I don't consider software "sexy" in the first place, and it certainly doesn't matter to me what the ACP might look like so long as it gets the job done.

steven s likes this.
  19. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

It doesn't NEED to be....but XenForo's just IS....

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Thats what im saying, quillz is taking this to another level. I never said it needs to be, xenForo is just sexy.