Xenforo & SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi

Guys are you using any SEO techniques other than SEO friendly URLs ? Any mods ? Adding more crawlers / spiders ?

Any help is appreciated :)

Guys are you using any SEO techniques other than SEO friendly URLs ? Any mods ? Adding more crawlers / spiders ?

Any help is appreciated :)

Keep things standard here, I've even disabled keywords in URL to keep the URL itself much shorter for user friendliness. Still getting threads indexed the same day added on forum in Google.

Never had problems getting threads added on forum indexed by Google the same day, same when I used MyBB and what ever else I've used. SEO is way over hyped! :sneaky:

Keep things standard here, I've even disabled keywords in URL to keep the URL itself much shorter for user friendliness. Still getting threads indexed the same day added on forum in Google.
I didn't get you, you mean u made urls like site.com/threads/123 ? Why ?

I always thought by keeping thread in url it will be lot helpful for SEO.

It might do including keywords in URL, no idea if does or doesn't. But I prefer to use URL's without them keeping the address shorter seeing as there's no proof either way that keywords included in URL make any real difference. Google takes title from "thread title" anyway, and keywords usually come from content I suspect. Meaning keywords included in URL do little for Seo as a whole.

That's my view of course.

URL has zero impact on search engines. They are pretty here for users, not bots.

I have no SEO tools running, and I think in Xenforo thats not required.
After switching from SMF my Google activity has rised up so much (botsactivity) that I have limited them :)

I think it does. I read basic guide from Google & they have mentioned about it.

www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
You didn't need to link to google for proof. You're right. Yes it does.
Yeah it doesn't.
Actually, yes it does. That's why people buy niche-traffic websites.

I own www.mw3blog.com and it grabbed over 8,000 mw3 blog keytype. I own CODForums and it's getting pretty much the same thing. Both have been key typed different variations of the same keyword, for mw3blog, mw3 blog is popular, while mw3blog does bring a significant number of key types by users, but not as much as... mw3 blog. CODForums on the other hand is getting both codforums and cod forums.

That has nothing to do with the URL format. That is your domain aiming for MW3 fanbois. Completely unrelated.
You said that URL has zero impact on search engines. I am telling you, that yes, it does have impact. You can make a different url, put mw3blog as keyword, and those "fanbois" would not find you.

Let me put it this way, I bought MW3Boards domain name with the intention of making it a MW3 forum, and not board. At the time of the purchase, I could not buy MW3Forums.com so I opted for a plan b.

Did the MW3 "fanbois" come flooding in? No.

@Carlos: Having a keyword as a domain makes a difference; but anything after the domain name does not matter. I changed my opinion after looking at our own forum changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom