Xenforo & SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not expert in SEO, but I have to agree blindly with Google's SEO Documentation. Because it's Google.

or it may be evil. :P

I think Kier was talking about the formatting of URLs, not URLs themselves.
What the hell are you talking about then? If the URL goes to its location then that is all it has to do, nothing else from that URL will help with SEO.

What the hell are you talking about then? If the URL goes to its location then that is all it has to do, nothing else from that URL will help with SEO.
Um. No. It doesn't work that way, google needs to READ your on-page links before deciding that "Okay, this is a standard link structure for this site. Let's index." Your link structure has nothing to do with how google reads your site, your on-page information LEADS google to read your entire site's URL/link structure.

Let me put it this way: There is no tag cloud on MW3Blog, yet the tags are indexed regardless. But how has it been indexed? Well, your posts leads google there.
Ok. you go ahead and put all your SEO time into the URL structure then.
I think you're downplaying URL structure. And I pretty much disagree with it. I have "friendly" URL structure on both MW3Blog, and CODForums, and I was able to capture the other keywords than just mw3 blog, and cod forums respectively.

Um. No. It doesn't work that way, google needs to READ your on-page links before deciding that "Okay, this is a standard link structure for this site. Let's index." Your link structure has nothing to do with how google reads your site, your on-page information LEADS google to read your entire site's URL/link structure.

Let me put it this way, there is no tag cloud on MW3Blog, yet the tags are indexed regardless. But how has it been indexed? Well, your posts leads google there.
Ummm... I know it doesn't, it is what I have been saying the whole time. URL structure just has to go to the page you need it to go to, it needs to render something. Other than that it does nothing for SEO, if you have a title in the link or not.

Sigh this is pointless.

Matt Cutts said that it helps "a little bit" and it would be worth considering "for a new site".
Indeed. I agree.

It works a whole lot better for those niche-traffic websites, not just gaming. You have to think about how to target your target niche in order for the "friendly" URL structure to work.
Sigh this is pointless.
I think that you don't like learning from others. It feels like you're forcing ideas onto people.

And you're also confusing a lot of people at this point. At first, I thought we were talking about URL's.

URL =/= Domain name

URL structure means anything after the domain name.

DomainURLhere.com/URL-structure-here

Subdirectory means file name, or the in-between the domain name and the link structure:

DomainURLhere.com/subdirectory/URL-structure-here

No. What I am saying is true. The structure of a URL will not have an impact on your search page ranking. It is simply used by the crawler to go to the location it points to, if it is allowed to. It gets its data from the HTML, like the title tag, description tag, h1, h2, h3, micro data or whatever it is called, HTML5 data attributes. If a search engine sees this URL as http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-seo.24395/page-2 it will rank EXACTLY the same if it was http://xenforo.com/community/t/24395/2.

Okay, fine. You win.

*Gives trophy* Here, you win.

You don't realize that you're talking to a person who has been testing two different kinds of URL structures.

My multiplatform gaming blog isn't catching the gaming market, thanks to the "short url" structure. So, I changed it to friendly url, now it's going to take some time to climb the ranks.

No. What I am saying is true. The structure of a URL will not have an impact on your search page ranking. It is simply used by the crawler to go to the location it points to, if it is allowed to. It gets its data from the HTML, like the title tag, description tag, h1, h2, h3, micro data or whatever it is called, HTML5 data attributes. If a search engine sees this URL as http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-seo.24395/page-2 it will rank EXACTLY the same if it was http://xenforo.com/community/t/24395/2.
Buddy can give me any link about it ? Like I posted Google's Documentation...

I will also post in Google Webmaster Forums, lets see what they also say :)

You don't realize you're talking to a person who does this for a living.
Sure, Mr. SEO expert.

I almost tried calling myself the SEO expert, but after reading about so called "SEO experts" I don't need it. *laughs and snickers*

You're kidding me right? Why would a search engine use the URL structure for content when it has SO much HTML data to get it from? And when it could EASILY be abused. You can put literally anything in your URL.

Go ahead and ask.

You're kidding me right? Why would a search engine use the URL structure for content when it has SO much HTML data to get it from? And when it could EASILY be abused. You can put literally anything in your URL.

Go ahead and ask.
Is that was for me, no I am not kidding. I am n00b in SEO & learning new things. I stumbled upon Google's Beginner PDF, so asked my doubt.

:)

Sure, Mr. SEO expert.

I almost tried calling myself the SEO expert, but after reading about so called "SEO experts" I don't need it. *laughs and snickers*
Err I think "SEO experts" is a joke and most the time you pay for some company who knows barely anything and will just fill out your meta data. What I meant is I work on websites for a living, develop them from the ground up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom