XenForo Resource Manager

Gregsta

Can you add external links to say somewhere like media fire and is their anyway of stop people downloading stuff until they have made 10 post with out using your complex promotion system what I have never been able to understand.

I already have a xenforo licence but I want to add Resource manger but I only want people who have 10 post to be able to download stuff, But I know I can not use their promotion system as I have tried in the past to configure it.

Last edited:
I have try to get my head round the promotions before and could not understand it, loads of people tried to help me out and I still could not understand it. It would be a waste of people time to try and help me.

I have read all the instruction they have and people have tried to help me but still could not understand it.

It's 3 steps.

1. Remove the download permission for the Registered user group
2. Create a new user group and set that permission only to Yes
3. Create a user group promotion to add members to the new user group after 10 posts

That's it.

I have try to get my head round the promotions before and could not understand it, loads of people tried to help me out and I still could not understand it. It would be a waste of people time to try and help me.

I have read all the instruction they have and people have tried to help me but still could not understand it.
My Mrs probably could understand it
It's 3 steps.

1. Remove the download permission for the Registered user group
2. Create a new user group and set that permission only to Yes
3. Create a user group promotion to add members to the new user group after 10 posts

That's it.
I don't understand what you mean like I said its to complex sorry to say.

Your decision :)

But as said before, it is really easy:
  1. Create a new Usergroup "Can Download from Resource Manager" (or whatever name you like) that has all pemissions except the permission to download from RM (this permission must be Yes) set to No.
  2. Create a promotion to add users to this usergroup with criteria "Has posted at least X messages" enabled and set to 10
  3. Set the permission to download from Resource Manager to No for all usergroups expect the usergroup created in step 1
That's it.

Your decision :)

But as said before, it is really easy:
  1. Create a new Usergroup "Can Download from Resource Manager" (or whatever name you like) that has all pemissions except the permission to download from RM (this permission must be Yes) set to No.
  2. Create a promotion to add users to this usergroup with criteria "Has posted at least X messages" enabled and set to 10
  3. Set the permission to download from Resource Manager to No for all usergroups expect the usergroup created in step 1
That's it.
it not for me as am dyslexic their are to many boxes to tick is just get to confusing,

it not for me as am dyslexic their are to many boxes to tick is just get to confusing,
Sooner or later you have correctly configured your user groups, right?

You just have to create a new user group and a promotion. If you are dislexic, how did you manage group permissions ?
If someone has helped you ask for help again.

Sooner or later you have correctly configured your user groups, right?

You just have to create a new user group and a promotion. If you are dislexic, how did you manage group permissions ?
If someone has helped you ask for help again.
am just using default configuration I have never had anyone go in and help me.

The only help I have had is people trying to explain to me how to configure Group Permissions via this forum what I could not understand.

I will just have to carry on using encrypted WinZip files to stop people downloading stuff with out contributing to my forum.

I have used ipb with no issue it is so much easier to configure

But they have hiked their prices up and are not offering ticket support anymore, so am done with them(n)

Last edited:
And I won't be selling my licence I know am backtracking a bit i left ipb because their is a bug with their licensing in the administration area it tells you you only have 7 days before your licence expires and in my clients area is giving you a total different date

Would screenshots instead of written instructions help you?

It a hobbie am not going to pay people to fix my issue
You do not necessarily have to pay someone to help you, I am pretty sure there would be trustworthy users around here willing to help without money.

From a 1 star review we just received:
I even got a guy to go in a try to configure it for me and he has done a lot of paid work for people on the forum and has a few positive reviews and he could not even configure it, so it not that easy to configure.
Perhaps that person would like to post here if he requires further support in setting it up above and beyond what has been posted already?

Top Bottom